Author Topic: Has My AcuRite Quit Reporting to Weather Underground?  (Read 2062 times)

Offline Neil_O

Has My AcuRite Quit Reporting to Weather Underground?
« on: September 22, 2022, 12:11:18 PM »
For the past few days I've noticed that the frequency of updates from my Atlas to Weather Underground has dropped considerably.  Today, Weather Underground is showing that my weather station is offline even though all of the data from my Atlas (via Access) is populating as normal in the My AcuRite app.  I've also noticed that all other AcuRite weather stations around me are also showing as offline on Weather Underground.  Is there some problem with My AcuRite communicating with Weather Underground?

Offline Ray Proudfoot

• Forecaster
    • Cheadle Hulme Weather
Re: Has My AcuRite Quit Reporting to Weather Underground?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 12:45:41 PM »
If you change your password in the software used to upload to WU to your api key it should fix things.

You can see the api by logging on to WU and choose Devices. Don’t generate a new api.

Offline Neil_O

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 01:13:35 PM »
That worked.  Thank you.  To be safe, I deleted the existing "Share Weather" entry in My Acurite and then added the weather station again - this time using the API Key as the password.  Within 5-10 minutes, my weather station was reporting to Weather Underground.

Thanks again.

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2022, 05:07:37 PM »
Not working for me!  I've always been using the API Key as the password in MyAcuRite. But as suggested above I deleted the "Share Weather" entry in My Acurite and then added it back again. My "Access" and "MyAcuRite" are both using the same API key.

Its been 1.5 hours since update.

It's been up and down for me the last couple of days. I think I just need to be patient with WU to fix their problem.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2022, 01:56:38 AM »
Its working again ... but for how long who knows!

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2022, 09:09:20 AM »
And its offline again! Its been up and down all week!

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline vreihen

• El Niño chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2022, 09:59:17 AM »
It's not you, it's WU.....  :roll:
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2022, 09:07:13 AM »
My Atlas is still offline. Any other Atlas owners still having problems? Other brand PWS around me are working fine.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline jgmoxness

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2022, 10:17:46 AM »
Am still offline, tried everything. No word from WU.

Offline jgmoxness

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2022, 06:52:52 PM »
I just checked the WU support page. They now have an announcement for this issue.
-----------------------------
Announcements
AcuRite Weather Stations Not Uploading

AcuRite personal weather stations (PWS) that include instrument O6086M are not working correctly with Weather Unclerground. AcuRite is looking into the issue, and WU is looking into the possibility of a temporary patch until AcuRite is able to issue a ?rmware update.

Offline Neil_O

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2022, 07:29:38 PM »
I had a feeling the problems was on AcuRite's side because all other brands of weather stations are updating properly.

Offline jgmoxness

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2022, 10:42:39 AM »
Well, yes and maybe no.

Since they all seemed to stop working some time last week, I suspect it was an update by WU that broke them (or stopped accepting whatever they were sending). Yes, Acurite will have to comply with whatever change WU made (e.g. with a firmware update). If this is what happened, it is IMO bad s/w development practice for WU to just update w/o testing and/or notification to users and mfg. knowing it would break some stations that were working.

If Acurite has the ability to update firmware w/o user consent (and did that w/o notification to users which broke the WU updates), that would be bad device management practice on multiple counts.

There is more to this story, but I doubt we will ever know what it is (unless someone from Acurite or WU reads this and cares to discuss.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 10:45:41 AM by jgmoxness »

Offline graywoulf

• Snow Creek Central
  • Endeavor to Persevere
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2022, 08:01:33 PM »
I am very grateful for this thread and all of the posts. I too own the 06086M model and have been going crazy trying to figure out why it is offline. I just got it set back up after a move and I thought that I might have damaged one of the components during the move. I guess I will have to wait it out like the rest of you.  :-|
Acurite Iris Model: 01540

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2022, 09:25:57 AM »
Yep, mine is still down!!!

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline graywoulf

• Snow Creek Central
  • Endeavor to Persevere
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2022, 01:10:41 PM »
I just checked the WU support page. They now have an announcement for this issue.
Announcements
AcuRite Weather Stations Not Uploading

AcuRite personal weather stations (PWS) that include instrument O6086M are not working correctly with Weather Unclerground. AcuRite is looking into the issue, and WU is looking into the possibility of a temporary patch until AcuRite is able to issue a ?rmware update.

Hello, I am curious as to where you found this information on the WU website. Do you have a link to it? I can't find any information on the WU website about this problem. I was hoping to be able to find out their timeline on getting this issue solved. And thanks again for the information.
Acurite Iris Model: 01540

Offline wags1

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2022, 09:03:25 AM »
https://support.weather.com/s/?type=wu&language=en_US

That is where you can find the WU announcements but TBH I don't see that particular one listed there in either current or closed...
« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 09:09:27 AM by wags1 »

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2022, 11:01:11 AM »
My Atlas is still not sending data to WU, so I open a problem report with AcuRite. Who else is still having problems?

Here's the response I got back for AcuRite's customer service.
Hello,

Thank you for contacting AcuRite!

The Weather Underground issue you provided a link to was resolved months ago and it was for a specific model, not the one you currently own.  Weather Underground no longer has an issue with our product.  Please provide the information below for review.

Please provide a picture of the following for review:
  • Your Weather Underground Station ID and Key from the Weather Underground website (Please do not copy and paste the text into an email, I would like a picture)

Thank you,
Selene
 AcuRite Customer Support

Added Update:
Customer service had me create another WU station ID and they linked it to my "Access". Still waiting for it to update as online and start to report data. Nothing as of yet!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 08:57:24 AM by worachj »

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2022, 02:53:06 PM »
I just heard back from customer support. They say my "Access" needs to be replaced but ...
Due to a critical internal component being discontinued by our supplier, AcuRite Access will no longer be available.

More about the "Access" in a new thread.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline Neil_O

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2022, 04:06:14 PM »
"Due to a critical internal component being discontinued by our supplier, AcuRite Access will no longer be available."

Well I certainly hope this isn't true.  Access has been the one piece of AcuRite hardware I have that's been rock solid from Day 1.

anything