Author Topic: How to update station name/location with CWOP  (Read 1575 times)

Offline MrMcFartnuts

How to update station name/location with CWOP
« on: May 18, 2020, 06:30:40 PM »
I've moved my station from Garrison, IA to La Porte City, IA and successfully got the lat/long, elevation, county and forecast office updated. However, after multiple emails to CWOP support I have not be able to get the Name/Location updated to reflect this change.

https://weather.gladstonefamily.net/site/E6921

As you can see that's rather deceptive. Anybody have some information on how to get this fixed?

Offline N3SW

Re: How to update station name/location with CWOP
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 08:42:08 PM »
Did you get this resolved?
I have a similar problem at this site: https://weather.gladstonefamily.net/site/C8682. I changed my station location and cannot get this site updated. My registered location is no longer accurate, but my APRS location is. I tried the "drag an arrow" procedure but it didn't work. I get no response to emails.

Offline stormhunter1974

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 11:02:22 AM »
I have recently moved to a new town roughly 28 miles away from my stations original registered location. Tried to updaw the new location by dragging the icon on the map to reflect. The location being reported by APRS is correct, but the location for the registered location still reflects the stations old location. I've tried everything to correct this issue. This is my station https://weather.gladstonefamily.net/site/search?site=E1335;Get%20information=Get%20information;days=3#Data  any suggestions on how to resolve this issue. I emailed Gladstone and they said to check the position being reported by my software, it is correct.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2020, 01:23:29 PM »
Here are all the steps involved when moving a CWOP station:

1. Change your software's CWOP upload to have the correct new Latitude and Longitude. I'm assuming that you've already calibrated your barometer for the new location and that you have updated your console/software to the correct new elevation also.

2. Send an email to cwop-support <at> noaa.gov and you then need to provide; your CWOP ID, your new Latitude and Longitude in Degrees Decimal (D.d), and you need to provide your barometric sensor elevation in meters!  * meters * meters * meters * Saying it like that because people still mistakenly send feet. Also your barometric elevation is to where you console is not the elevation of the anemometer...as there is no barometer up there ...which is another mistake people make. So you take ground elevation and add to that how high your console is with the barometric sensor.

3. Send an email to Mesowest atmos-mesowest <at> lists.utah.edu with the same information that you sent CWOP Support in previous step.

There is nothing to do in Gladstonefamily.net in terms of the move. That just doesn't do anything. It probably did do something at some point. CWOP is a culmination of a bunch of systems. It doesn't stand alone. Some parts of CWOP are just outdated.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 01:28:09 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole