Author Topic: Vantage Pro 1 Wireless ISS - Hardware Question  (Read 324 times)

Offline toolworker

Vantage Pro 1 Wireless ISS - Hardware Question
« on: February 05, 2020, 08:57:36 PM »
Does anyone know the spec for the machine screw that holds the circuit board down on the corner with the antenna, on the original Vantage Pro 1 Wireless sensor suite?

This station has been in service for 19 years. The power storage capacitor needed replacing (second time) so I had to remove the circuit board. Working on the mounted ISS with the board upside down, I had a large pan underneath to catch the inevitable drops. Unfortunately it didn't catch this screw, and it's the only one like it in the unit. The others are self-tapping, but this is the one that is in contact with the antenna, so it's a machine screw.

Even Davis doesn't remember what it was.  They can't even say whether it was metric or standard.

Any help would be appreciated.

Offline SnowHiker

• Forecaster
Re: Vantage Pro 1 Wireless ISS - Hardware Question
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 01:50:13 AM »
Looks like the machine screw is about a #4-40, 1/4" long.

Since it threads directly into the base of the antenna, you may just want to take the antenna to the hardware store with you to make sure you get the correct one.

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
    • Weather at Eau Claire, WI
Re: Vantage Pro 1 Wireless ISS - Hardware Question
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 08:40:51 AM »
I have one in the shed, if I can get to it when I can get there so I could take a look.  Do you have a photo of the exact area you need looked at?

How are your temp and humidity sensors doing?  I have two (one mounted, the other one from a very very old friend that had to move to assisted living) and neither one reports humidity, and sometimes the temperature OK.  Wind works, solar works.
ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php