Author Topic: Weatherlink 6.0.5 Softwatre issues  (Read 746 times)

Offline Bohaiboy

Weatherlink 6.0.5 Softwatre issues
« on: January 16, 2023, 07:10:20 PM »
All of a sudden, when I log in to the weatherlink 6.0.5 software I get a continuous mouse icon (an anemometer) display and a not responding message.  Eventually it will respond and download x pages of data, but then it closes itself.  None of my data is being transferred to online for viewing remotely because it closes down.  Is this the most current version and has anyone else had this issue?  Thanks all.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
Re: Weatherlink 6.0.5 Softwatre issues
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2023, 08:05:16 PM »
This type of issue/behavior was typical with USB serial devices which thought they were a mouse. This occurred especially but was not limited to NMEA 0183 GPS serial data which was misinterpreted as mouse data. Have not heard this one for many years now time but is known to occur with Windows 10.

Do you have other devices plugged to this computer? Any USB serial adapters? Also check the Device Manager Ports, Mice and Pointing devices for stray looking connections       

Offline Bohaiboy

Re: Weatherlink 6.0.5 Softwatre issues
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 08:23:43 PM »
Been corresponding with Davis and first was a series of tests to see if data logger and then finally a suggestion to send unit in and that the console could be failing. Got a wild hair and reinstalled software, viola, no more issues.  All working fine. Now have to justify to the wife the new console 6313 since I don’t “need” it