Weather Station Hardware > Barani Design Weather Stations and Accessories

The end of barani ?

<< < (2/2)

Garth Bock:

--- Quote from: BaseLine on April 04, 1975, 12:46:47 AM ---For example, look at Davis. They still cant figure out how to add wireless support so a practically empty useless plastic box called WeatherLink Live is invented! WTF Davis!?

--- End quote ---
At least they haven't totally locked out third party devices. I am running a WiFiLogger in an extra Envoy. It sends to WU, WL, as well as to software on the weather pc. Nice that Davis can have multiple receivers instead one receiver like some stations do.

txweather.org:

--- Quote from: Garth Bock on July 18, 2022, 09:23:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: BaseLine on April 04, 1975, 12:46:47 AM ---For example, look at Davis. They still cant figure out how to add wireless support so a practically empty useless plastic box called WeatherLink Live is invented! WTF Davis!?

--- End quote ---
At least they haven't totally locked out third party devices. I am running a WiFiLogger in an extra Envoy. It sends to WU, WL, as well as to software on the weather pc. Nice that Davis can have multiple receivers instead one receiver like some stations do.

--- End quote ---

Echo that twice. 90% of them only work with their own unit.
Well done Davis :D

giusCB:

--- Quote from: Garth Bock on July 18, 2022, 09:23:15 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
a good thing would be to make the barani sensors compatible with the davis system, so that they can increase their popularity on the market.
The rain gauge can already be connected (although i've read negative opinions, not from sponsored posts of course), the meteowind anemometer already has a pulse output that should only be slightly modified to be connected to the davis board.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version