Weather Related Organizations > CoCoRaHS

I think I need a new gauge.

(1/2) > >>

ocala:
This is what 13 years plus does to a stratus gauge. Kind of surprised at the range of prices for a new one. From $30 to $52.
Mine new one will be here next week.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

CW2274:
 :lol: I remember asking you if that thing came out of a fire...

ocala:

--- Quote from: CW2274 on October 30, 2021, 06:32:56 PM --- :lol: I remember asking you if that thing came out of a fire...

--- End quote ---
Nah, just a whole of lot of sunshine. Probably going to pull the trigger on that Rainwise Gauge real soon too.

CW2274:

--- Quote from: ocala on October 30, 2021, 06:37:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: CW2274 on October 30, 2021, 06:32:56 PM --- :lol: I remember asking you if that thing came out of a fire...

--- End quote ---
Probably going to pull the trigger on that Rainwise Gauge real soon too.

--- End quote ---
You'll never look back..especially if you wire into the ISS.

Cutty Sark Sailor:
Mine are lucky to last about 7 years, with all our whiskey fungus, etc around here... not to mention UV breakdown.  CoCoRaHS DOES NOT approve electronic readings.  CCR is NO longer 'hobbyist' or casual.  It is very well documented and proven Citizen Science, as long as protocols are maintained. My Electronics are 'generally' in close agreement <1", than it wants to become inconsitent, depending on wind, etc... if anything it will over-report compared to the OFFICIAL CoCoRaHs mounting and locating protocals, unless it's clogged, or dirty.  TOO unreliable across the board.  For CoCoRaHs, use the specifically described 4" gauge. Too many organizations and agencies use the data, for it to be otherwise reported outside the CCR protocols.  Everybody should be the same.

I have, I think, discovered a 'renewal' for a 'faded' blue vinyl Snow Stick yard gauge' however... saves, what ..20 bucks or so? Especially if 'utilizing' an IR webcam, they can really lose contrast after a few UV years.  I'll post something when one of them round tuits shows up, and a note or two if anybody's using the ETo reporting. And I'll let you know how much trouble it may be / or not be, to replace the ETo 'gauge' strip.. when I bring it in for the season.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version