Weather Station Hardware > Rainwise Weather Stations

Rainwise Rainew Wireless Rain Gauge Assistance

<< < (2/2)

CW2274:
BTW, I don't know what PWS you have, but if it's a VP2, you can hard wire it into the ISS as I do.

blizzardof78:

--- Quote from: CW2274 on October 14, 2021, 04:15:37 PM ---Then I guess it's bad. Maybe that's why it was on ebay. RW may "good will" it, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

--- End quote ---

Yea hoping to hear back from RW to see what they suggest.

vreihen:

--- Quote from: blizzardof78 on October 14, 2021, 04:12:15 PM ---The rain gauge is BRAND NEW, never used. I placed two sets of new batteries in the indoor display, but no luck.

--- End quote ---

The wireless Rainwise buckets have allegedly been out of production for a bit now, and you should consider any one to be NOS (new old stock) at this point.  Were those new batteries actually fresh, or were they the ones that came in the box?????

blizzardof78:

--- Quote from: vreihen on October 14, 2021, 05:10:21 PM ---
--- Quote from: blizzardof78 on October 14, 2021, 04:12:15 PM ---The rain gauge is BRAND NEW, never used. I placed two sets of new batteries in the indoor display, but no luck.

--- End quote ---

The wireless Rainwise buckets have allegedly been out of production for a bit now, and you should consider any one to be NOS (new old stock) at this point.  Were those new batteries actually fresh, or were they the ones that came in the box?????

--- End quote ---

They were brand new from WalMart last night, yes, NOS. I have no issues with it being NOS, I just wanna be able to read the display looking at it straight on.

blizzardof78:
So I received a call from Rainwise and the tech told me to open the display unit and replace the button sized batteries. There are two in there, one for each display. I did, and it works like a charm. Thanks to everyone for your replies.

Don in Ohio

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version