Weather Station Hardware > Rainwise Weather Stations

Rainwise Rainew Wireless Rain Gauge Assistance

(1/2) > >>

blizzardof78:
I just purchased this rain gauge from a seller on eBay brand new never used. The issue I'm having is the LCD display. I've attached two photos. Sure I can read it from an angle, but I wanna read it from straight on. The two photos demonstrate an angle view as well as straight on. Any suggestion(s) / assistance offered? I placed a call to Rainwise Customer Support but no return call as of yet.

vreihen:
Have you tried new batteries?  Some LCD screens wash out looking directly at them as the batteries fade.....

CW2274:

--- Quote from: vreihen on October 14, 2021, 04:00:24 PM ---Have you tried new batteries?  Some LCD screens wash out looking directly at them as the batteries fade.....

--- End quote ---
Agreed. I just had my display hooked up a few weeks ago after not being used for years and the display was very dim. I replaced the battery and all was well.

blizzardof78:

--- Quote from: CW2274 on October 14, 2021, 04:08:57 PM ---
--- Quote from: vreihen on October 14, 2021, 04:00:24 PM ---Have you tried new batteries?  Some LCD screens wash out looking directly at them as the batteries fade.....

--- End quote ---
Agreed. I just had my display hooked up a few weeks ago after not being used for years and the display was very dim. I replaced the battery and all was well.

--- End quote ---

The rain gauge is BRAND NEW, never used. I placed two sets of new batteries in the indoor display, but no luck.

CW2274:
Then I guess it's bad. Maybe that's why it was on ebay. RW may "good will" it, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version