Author Topic: My PWS Personal Weather Station Wunderground data and graphs disappearing  (Read 771 times)

Offline DaveD44

For a couple weeks now, WU has been blanking much of my PWS data. My station, KVAOILVI2, is and has been online and reporting full-time. I look at the daily weather history graph regularly during the day, and it may or may not be all there for the day to that point, and then for some reason entire blocks of time and even full days disappear from the graphs and the table data. On one occasion two days showed the exact same data, but that corrected itself. I can't find any mention of WU graphing problems online and my neighboring PWSs do not show the problem. So it is a problem with my individual weather data, not WU generally. I have been online since October 2013 and have never experienced this before. I also now see missing data during the timeframe of 2013-14 where it wasn't missing before.

The amount and timing of the lost data is somewhat inconsistent. For example, my different Windows systems, different browsers show me the same problems at the same date/times, as does my Android device; this morning I discovered that most of yesterday was missing on the graph, but looking at yesterday just a moment ago it is mostly there, with a single non-reported range between 11:19AM and 2:34PM. Could my problem be unique to the amount of data I have stored at WU?

I'm running Cumulus MX and the data logging is complete there.

I haven't been to WU for assistance, since I have found them totally useless in the past.
Davis Vantage Pro2 (Wireless) CumulusMX

Offline jackman

• Senior Contributor
    • Echo Pines WX Station
Mine is doing the same. It's a problem at WU and like you said no one is there to help.

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
It's a new "feature" and is affecting everyone.  They clearly don't care.  Same as with the radar page(s) which now direct you to dead local NEXRAD links. 

Offline DaveD44

It seems that with other wxforum users aware of this problem that I would have been able to find a thread that discusses it. Is there any other thread related to it? Did I miss it in my search?
Davis Vantage Pro2 (Wireless) CumulusMX

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
Yep WU saga continues.  at least they still hand out gold stars for everyone  \:D/
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline TraderGary

• Stock Market Wizard
  • Forecaster
  • Amateur Radio W9VJ
I've had the same phenomenon occur.
I blamed it on my Meteobridge Pro Red.
Since not many people use this device, I didn't report it.
And yes, I too observed the phenomenon to come and go.
Current charts are looking good as of Tue, May 11, 2021, 06:23 AM EDT.
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus 6163 (Wireless) | Davis WeatherLink Live 6100 | Meteobridge Pro
WeatherLink | WundergroundCWOPAWEKASWindy

Offline Vossejongk

Yep same issue here, often multiple hours a day missing.

Same station also reports to ecowitt and that works fine. My 2nd station also has this same problem, but they don't stop or resume recording data at thesame time 🤔
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 08:44:37 AM by Vossejongk »

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
It seems that with other wxforum users aware of this problem that I would have been able to find a thread that discusses it. Is there any other thread related to it? Did I miss it in my search?

It's mostly in the now four page "Weather Underground Servers Down" thread.

anything