Weather Software > WeatherLink/weatherlink.com by Davis Instruments

WeatherUnderground

(1/5) > >>

JRHill:
Finally I have my station on line again. Its been years.

So I have a page on WeatherLink and WeatherUndergound pulls the data. I actually really like the WeatherUndergound page format to my laptop. But oh, my gosh, load the page from the cell phone and it's almost unreadable for all the advertisements. I have it figured out - I have an Ad blocker on the laptop. From the laptop the format is pleasant. From the phone or another device the WeatherUnderground is virtually unreadable for all the feces.

Well, everyone has to make a living. So if I want to share the weather at my humble home to family, neighbors, etc. without frustrating them are there any suggestions?

CW2274:

--- Quote from: JRHill on April 30, 2021, 06:59:42 PM --- So if I want to share the weather at my humble home to family, neighbors, etc. without frustrating them are there any suggestions?

--- End quote ---
Yes, dump WU. The ONLY thing AFAIC that WU brings to the table is "rapid flash"...I guess that what it's still called. Problem so often with WU is does it even work at the moment and if "is", is the data reliable. Join CWOP at least and send your stuff elsewhere. I quit WU 5-ish years ago because they were becoming useless to me.

davidmc36:
Called Rapid Fire it was a Flash gadget at one time.

Yes. It is basically the only thing it is good for.

JRHill:
CC2274: Thank you for the fast response. If seemed I just submitted the thread and you answered. But the supper plate hit the table. One thing I've learned is that when the plate hits the table, if one is wise, they will be there immediately or pay the price. It helps that she is better than good with the food stuff.

Thanks for the info/tip. I'll look back into CWOP.

Many thanks,
JRH

CW2274:

--- Quote from: davidmc36 on April 30, 2021, 08:03:23 PM ---Called Rapid Fire it was a Flash gadget at one time.

Yes. It is basically the only thing it is good for.

--- End quote ---
Yes..Rapid Fire. Thanks for the correction. I surely wish someone would implement that feature on a reliable server. It's was sweet to see ones wind data update online every 3 seconds or so.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version