Author Topic: Time lapses in Lossatal, Germany  (Read 591 times)

Offline andrewjwhall

• Amateur Meteorologist, Time Lapses & Photography.
    • YouTube Channel - Andrew J.W. Hall
Time lapses in Lossatal, Germany
« on: April 11, 2021, 08:27:43 AM »
**NOTE, Sorry but the video links are not online anymore!**

Hello to all on the Forum,

First of all I was not sure where to post about the follow so if a Moderator thinks it should be in a different area please feel free to move the post!

For some years now I have been taking photos of the weather with a passion for clouds and there formations.

Please not I am not a professional at taking photos or the following time lapses!

About a year a ago I got into recording time lapses using a GoPro Hero 7. I became so interested in recording cloud formations and their flow that the camera was out nearly everyday from March 2020 onwards. Some of the time lapses are often 12 hours long (using a battery pack). It was a real treat to sit down at the end of each week and watch back what had been happening in the skies above where I live! I now have over 120 time lapses to date!

Its was with this in mind that I wanted to share my interests with like minded people who share the same sort of interests as me, the weather!

The videos are by no means professionally made. I have just done basic checks to the recordings and that's it. I have managed to add the data from the Vantage Pro 2 in video, along with a small chart showing the basic cloud types, nothing fancy, and the occasional additional viewing in the sky, i.e. Halos, Rainbows etc.

I have put together 3 videos so far which are all from April 2020 right in the middle of the lock down here in Germany!
I also created the music myself for a bit of fun to!

Please note that some of the videos are as long a 5 minutes! You will find the videos through the following links on Vimeo ( all are in 4K ). Why Vimeo? Well no adverts to annoy you of course!

Please let me know what you think either here or on Vimeo. As a side note, the videos can only be shared currently on the following sites: Twitter, Facebook & WXForum. If you would like to link a video on another site just let me know and I can get it added.

Please enjoy,

Most Kindest Regards,

Andrew.

https://vimeo.com/andrewjwhall/20200404

https://vimeo.com/andrewjwhall/20200410

https://vimeo.com/andrewjwhall/20200415

« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 08:39:46 AM by ajwhall »
Twitter: @andrewjwhall
YouTube: @andrewjwhall

Davis Vantage Pro 2 | Davis Vantage Vue | WeatherLink Live | WeatherLinkIP | WiFiLogger

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
Re: Time lapses in Lossatal, Germany
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 09:29:45 AM »
Very nice!
Always enjoyed cloud animations. Especially like the cumulus bubbling up in the afternoon and the contrails are very cool.
If you could capture some shelf clouds rolling in that would really be nice.
Keep them coming.
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline andrewjwhall

• Amateur Meteorologist, Time Lapses & Photography.
    • YouTube Channel - Andrew J.W. Hall
Re: Time lapses in Lossatal, Germany
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2021, 09:39:16 AM »
Hello ocala,

Thank you for the feedback.

I can only ever recall seeing a shelf cloud once and that was when I still lived in the UK!

Not seen one here yet (that I have noticed)! The thing that always amazing me is how fast the cloud formations can change here!

Plenty more videos to work on yet!

Most Kindest Regards,

Andrew.

Twitter: @andrewjwhall
YouTube: @andrewjwhall

Davis Vantage Pro 2 | Davis Vantage Vue | WeatherLink Live | WeatherLinkIP | WiFiLogger

anything