Author Topic: How to control Snow vs Rain display on website  (Read 477 times)

Offline floodcaster

• Forecaster
    • Goose Lake Weather
How to control Snow vs Rain display on website
« on: February 11, 2021, 03:41:29 PM »
After a long...time I finally got around to getting updated scripts on my web site. A minor hiccup with not updating the current conditions was fixed as I forgot to edit the ajaxWDwx.js file.  #-o However I can't figure out why my Rain/Snow display switches back occasionally to rain despite the temperature being below 4C as indicated in the settings-weather.php. I should note that an updated settings-weather.php file was not included in the files I downloaded for the required update. Any assistance appreciated.
Bill

Offline floodcaster

• Forecaster
    • Goose Lake Weather
Re: How to control Snow vs Rain display on website
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 04:12:25 PM »
After looking more closely and some experimentation I *think* I may have fixed it. I thought perhaps the $SITE['showSnowTemp'] may require F although it specifically states C so I changed it in my settings-weather.php to 32. No luck. Then I saw an entry on the ajax-dashboard.php  for $SITE['showSnowTemp'] and changed that from 4 to 32 as well and my site is now displaying snow data vs rain (current temperature is 12ºF). I'll have to wait (a while it appears by the forecast) to see if it switches back to rain whenever we get back above 32ºF.
Bill

anything