Author Topic: Wifi Router won't let Station connect  (Read 6139 times)

Offline LeeWx

Wifi Router won't let Station connect
« on: February 14, 2021, 07:49:27 PM »
I have a Wifi station thats settings and calibration are thru Access Point.
     It connected when I 1st got it but, I realised you can't set the barometer manually so, went thru process of logging into software again thru AP to Router and it wouldn't let me connect. Any help irt this. Much appreciated!

Offline BrianLehan

• Grace C Lehan Memorial Weather Station
Re: Wifi Router won't let Station connect
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2021, 05:54:54 PM »
Not sure what you are having issues with but in most cases if a router/Access Point are refusing instructions it is time to power cycle the device which will more often than not clear any connection issues.

Brian
Davis Vantage Pro 2 plus
VWS 15x on Windows 7
Sarasota-Weather Template
Gr3 Radar

Offline LeeWx

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 07:11:37 PM »
Thanks Brian. I was hoping there was another way. Will have to however,in order to get to the setup and calibration software.

Offline LeeWx

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2021, 08:13:39 PM »
Turns out it is browser related.
     Chrome and Samsung block interface connectio most of the time for whatever reason. Firefox works every time.

Offline box

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2021, 10:07:06 AM »
Turns out it is browser related.
     Chrome and Samsung block interface connectio most of the time for whatever reason. Firefox works every time.
there's a lot to be said for a plain vanilla Firefox install with absolutely no bells or whistles!

Offline jhudson7583

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2022, 05:37:05 PM »
new member here and just saw this thread.. i know it's old and hasn't been replied to for a while, but i had the same exact issue.
my weather station only works on the 2.5ghz wireless network and my router dual broadcasts the 5ghz network.
i had to go into the settings and disable the 5ghz network to get it it to work. no issues since then, i also changed the wifi channel to 11.
otherwise, my station would connect, but then disconnect after two hours. been going strong now for almost 3 days without a hiccup. worth a shot.

Offline BrianLehan

• Grace C Lehan Memorial Weather Station
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2023, 09:06:58 AM »
Most wifi access points these days offer a "Guest" SSID for guests to access. These are perfect for segregating all the IOT - Internet of Things devices you have in the house such as smoke detectors, thermostats, doorbells, cameras, dishwashers, toasters, TV's and cell phones that have zero business on the inside trusted side of your firewall. You can set that guest network up easily in most devices and allow it to use only the lower 2.5 setting, while the trusted devices that should be connected inside your firewall such as laptops, and desktop computers can have settings other than 2.5 without knocking your station off line.
Davis Vantage Pro 2 plus
VWS 15x on Windows 7
Sarasota-Weather Template
Gr3 Radar