Author Topic: anyone else haveing problems with godaddy servers? (might be my pc)  (Read 1305 times)

Offline Fox_Of_The_Wind

• Forecaster
  • Hi there!
    • http://www.desotowiwx.com
I am not sure what is going on but from time to time my computer will not upload to the GoDaddy server. I run WD and in the ftp log there are no problems at all. No errors. Nothing.
But if I reboot the computer then it starts uploading again. BUT then after so much time it just will stop uploading to my server. I do have some webcams that upload on the same server and they keep on working. So I am thinking something is up with my wxpc????? ](*,)

Anthony

Offline Impala88

• Senior Contributor
    • IrvineWx
Re: anyone else haveing problems with godaddy servers? (might be my pc)
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 06:39:53 PM »
This happens to me several times a year.  When it happens I have to call or do an online chat with them and explain that my FTP uploads have ceased.  Every time it's something on their end.  It usually takes an hour or two to start working after they reset whatever went wrong.

On another note, I have noticed that lately it's taking 5 or more minutes for what my FTP program uploads to show up on my site.  It used to be almost instantaneous.  I am considering moving over to another web host.

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 12:18:42 AM »
I've had no issues with GoDaddy like above.  But due to cost, I plan on moving my web server over to ICD Soft when my term is up.
https://www.BismarckWeather.net
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

Offline Fox_Of_The_Wind

• Forecaster
  • Hi there!
    • http://www.desotowiwx.com
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2021, 06:58:21 PM »
I've had no issues with GoDaddy like above.  But due to cost, I plan on moving my web server over to ICD Soft when my term is up.
I am not sure if it is or was GoDaddy or not. The computer has not stopped uploading all night and so far all day.

I have made a account with ICD Soft (https://www.desotowiwx.org/) kind of a test bed right now. trying to get it setup so I can close out my GoDaddy account (trying to save money)

Anthony

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2021, 07:28:47 PM »
I just set up my site with ICD Soft. Very good response from support and a lot of patient help sorting out how to place everything.

Offline Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2021, 10:49:35 PM »
I have been with ICDSoft for nearly 10 years. To the best of my knowledge, they have only been down 1 time.....back when Superstorm Sandy hit the NE and a major fiber connection was affected. My site was down for only 6-7 hours during all of that. I highly recommend them. Excellent customer service.

John
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

Offline TraderGary

• Stock Market Wizard
  • Forecaster
  • Amateur Radio W9VJ
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2021, 10:55:29 PM »
I've been with GoDaddy for over 20 years with never a problem.
Except that every year they get more expensive.
I think I need to start looking around.
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus 6163 (Wireless) | Davis WeatherLink Live 6100 | Meteobridge Pro
WeatherLink | WundergroundCWOPAWEKASWindy

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2021, 06:27:02 PM »
I have been with ICDSoft for nearly 10 years.

Think I started there in '05.  Just renewed again.