Miscellaneous Debris > Chit-Chat

Hope everyone is ok...Wash your hands.

(1/233) > >>

chief-david:
Not meant to be a political thread.

It is crazy right now. Do what needs to be done to stay healthy and safe. Don't watch the Today show.

With that said-I took a leave from teaching. I have been home 3 weeks. Stress, disrespect, lack of support, rising heart rate and BP and developing anxiety was just too much. Total burnout. Even looking for a job outside of education.

This virus talk is not helping. I try not to watch the news.

We have already cancelled one trip to CA.  We may be cancelling the one to NYC for a college visit and Broadway intensive for kid #2.

ValentineWeather:
I'm also one that probably over worries but sometimes it does have advantages because I started prepping well over a month ago with supplies so never had any issues finding what I needed.

Good luck with your job search.

davidmc36:
There will be an epic fallout before it's all over.

vreihen:
I work in higher education, and today is day one for everyone working from home.  Only three days ago, the president was still adamant that we would NEVER, EVER have a work-from-home policy.  Now, we sent all of the resident students home, and transitioned to online format classes for the next 2.5 weeks minimum.

The NY State governor ordered all state (SUNY) and NYC (CUNY) schools to transition to online-only for the rest of the spring semester (mid-May).  Other big schools like Princeton are following suit.

I was watching the early TV news on the NYC CBS affiliate this morning, and noticed that they have had a lot of second and third-string reporters on camera.  I think that it was yesterday that they announced two people in the CBS network news department tested positive, and the NYC local newsroom is in the same building.  They had their third-string weather woman doing her reports from their storm vehicle out in Columbus Circle, where they normally do it in-studio.  Their traffic woman was not in, and they were sorta filling her void with audio reports with camera video from their news chopper.

Interesting times we live in.....

Aardvark:
The weather in Des Moines is cloudy and might rain, snow this weekend, but then it melts later.    I just got off of facebook commenting that a friend of mine (real friend)  is pissed off because she can't go to her credit union and get a free bag of popcorn. Trust me this lady licks her fingers.

The three state Universities in Iowa have extended spring break and now going online.  Grinnell college  is closing until June, canceling commencement and every class online as of tomorrow. 

Take precautions seriously. I'd even go as far as buying some rubber gloves , the surgical kind for going out and about in public, then tossing them in the trash and washing your hands.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version