Weather Related Organizations > CoCoRaHS

Clean and dry inner measuring tube (either Tropo or Stratus)

(1/2) > >>

miraculon:
I have tried various instrument swabs (sax and clarinet) to dry the inside of the measuring tube with mixed results. One of the swabs must be a synthetic fiber and it just smears the water around and doesn't dry the tube inside at all. The apparently cotton swabs do better, but are a bit too small to to a good job.

I know that Tropo supplies a brush, which does a good job on washing and cleaning dirt, but doesn't help dry the tube.

Has anyone found a swab that actually works for trying the inner measuring cylinder? (tenor or bari sax swab? something else?)

Greg H.

ocala:
Just use a rolled up piece of newspaper and twist will dry it. 
Use same for cleaning the tube. Put the newspaper inside. Pour in a small amount of water and twist.

Vasco:
I use a bit of kitchen roll, wrapped round the dry brush. . .

Translation: "In UK, paper towels for kitchen use are also known as kitchen rolls, kitchen paper, or kitchen towels."  :-)

miraculon:
Thanks for the ideas. I have a "kitchen roll" in the garage that I can use. I always enjoy learning a new British term. :grin:

Greg H.

CW2274:
Mine is "greenest". Remove tube. Invert tube and drain til empty. Sling tube downward til really empty. Reinsert tube. Have cocktail.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version