Weather Station Hardware > Boltek/NexStorm Lightning Detectors

StrikeStart network to shut down 28-Feb-2021

<< < (2/2)

saratogaWX:
Looks like the data accumulation server (lorickweather.net) has stopped collecting data.  The Strikestar US Status page shows everyone offline, and the last data from my station was seen 02/11/2021 01:31:24 AM, and other stations had last data around that time.

So, it's a bit early, but I've now stopped running NexStorm, StrikeLink, and WASP2 for my sites as of today .. no need to wait for the official Feb 28 shutdown as data is not being collected anymore. (Could be a temporary issue, but with 12 days to official shutdown, there's little incentive to bring it back up again).

RIP StrikeStarUS -- it was fun while it lasted. 

DaleReid:
While the basic info from a solitary Boltek was fun and of some general interest, the physics involved made it no better than an ADF in an airplane having its needle point generally toward the storm.  Helpful, but not like TOA stuff. 

I still have my hard earned (I sure saved up to by the first system and software over the next months) and still fire up the computer, but the PCI board is sort of married to the full sized case and what fits.  I never got advanced enough to get into the strikestar but looked at the data.

I would bet that all those who did tinker with it are smarter and in many ways better than they were if they had not.

Now I'm hoping someone comes up with a nice easy kit for a field mill so I can monitor the voltages as the clouds pass over, as a real esoteric hobby.
Dale

ea1hmy:
Hello, I have a Toa lightning detector, is there any way to get the data, since I only have a gif that Toa provides me

http://www.meteotorrelavega.com/saratoga/toa.php

Thank you
emilio

saratogaWX:
Hi Emilio,
The toasystems.com is not associated with StrikeStar/Astrogenic.  The latter has ceased operation of the http://www.strikestarus.com/ now shows a blank page.

For detailed lightning data from TOAsystems.com, you'd need to ask them for the data.. they are producing your .GIF displayed on your website.

ea1hmy:

Thank you
emilio

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version