Author Topic: Rainfall this year  (Read 1810 times)

Offline Guillaume_67370

• Contributor
    • METEO OFFENHEIM
Rainfall this year
« on: December 14, 2015, 05:02:29 PM »
Hello everybody,

I noticed a problem on the field "this year rainfall" who are wrong. I noticed that today so i don't know exactly since when the problem exists but it seems to me from the beginning of the month. I try to take the oldest "backup" into Cumulus and Copy all file into "data" but nothing happend... What can i do in this case ???

Thanks in advance
Guillaume

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: Rainfall this year
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 05:18:33 PM »
I try to take the oldest "backup" into Cumulus and Copy all file into "data" but nothing happend... What can i do in this case ???
Hi, can you explain what you mean "nothing happened"  i.e. the incorrect rain still there? data from oldest backup didn't copy? was that the automatic Cumulus backup? or from one of your own regular backups? ?

If the backup did copy and still incorrect rain showing then likely the error was from before that backup.  Rain totals can be edited http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/FAQ#I_get_very_large_amounts_of_rainfall_shown.2C_or_other_high_readings

Good luck,
Paul

Offline Guillaume_67370

• Contributor
    • METEO OFFENHEIM
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 12:44:31 PM »
Hi, can you explain what you mean "nothing happened"  i.e. the incorrect rain still there? data from oldest backup didn't copy? was that the automatic Cumulus backup? or from one of your own regular backups? ?

If the backup did copy and still incorrect rain showing then likely the error was from before that backup.  Rain totals can be edited http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/FAQ#I_get_very_large_amounts_of_rainfall_shown.2C_or_other_high_readings

Good luck,
Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your quick answer.
About nothing happend i mean the incorrect Rainfall for this year is still there. My oldest back up is from 06/12 and i take this one. It was the automatic Cumulus back up.

With your help I found the error  :grin: it was from the 28-11 with a rain fall of 150.9mm instead of 1.2mm.
At the first time, i close Cumulus. Afterwards I've taken  a copy of the file and change it into .csv. After that i've changed incorrect rainfail for the day on dayfile.txt into Cumulus file for the 28-11

However, I need to correct also this month records ans this year records when i'm going to the Menu "Edit" This month records and try to tick Reset on the High hourly rain and daily rain, nothing is happening ????

Thanks in advance for your great help
Guillaume

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 01:15:20 PM »
Have you fetched dayfile data on both yearly and monthly data editor? If correct amount is there you copy it over. You can also as last resort edit dayfile yourself and use the fetch dayfile function  and select/copy new rainfall data over. Edit both yearly and monthly.
Randy

Offline Guillaume_67370

• Contributor
    • METEO OFFENHEIM
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 04:10:39 PM »
Have you fetched dayfile data on both yearly and monthly data editor? If correct amount is there you copy it over. You can also as last resort edit dayfile yourself and use the fetch dayfile function  and select/copy new rainfall data over. Edit both yearly and monthly.

Hi,

Into the dayfile.csv i've corrected the wrong figures but after that i need to convert again the .csv file into .txt
When i've save .csv into .txt the dayfile isn't the same (date format has changed...) ??

Thanks a lot for your help

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 05:00:27 PM »
Sounds like you are opening dayfile with an editor like excel. You should be able to use the editor built into Cumulus itself , it keeps it as .txt file.  Make changes in dayfile txt editor first. Then open month/ year/ all time using fetch dayfile function, look for changes click on copy function/ok. Make sure new data transferred. Make same changes in month/ year/ all time if needed for all records to see changes made.

Excel date format can be changed to match. I don't remember exactly how without playing with it but using the built in editor works better. 

Randy

Offline Guillaume_67370

• Contributor
    • METEO OFFENHEIM
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2015, 02:36:32 AM »
Sounds like you are opening dayfile with an editor like excel. You should be able to use the editor built into Cumulus itself , it keeps it as .txt file.  Make changes in dayfile txt editor first. Then open month/ year/ all time using fetch dayfile function, look for changes click on copy function/ok. Make sure new data transferred. Make same changes in month/ year/ all time if needed for all records to see changes made.

Excel date format can be changed to match. I don't remember exactly how without playing with it but using the built in editor works better.

It worked !!
Problem solved  :grin:

Thank a lot