Weather Station Hardware > Boltek/NexStorm Lightning Detectors

What do you think...

(1/4) > >>

Garth Bock:
I am thinking of adding a Boltek with NexStorm to our weather station. Just curious if it is a providing good information to your website viewers and such like that. Let me know what you think of it. Thanks.

capeweather:
I'm 100% satisfied with mine. Highly recommend it.  :D

talbert1952:
Boltek lightning detectors and the associated software are a tinker's dream. Things to consider are physical location of the site, surrounding terrain and mounting location. All these things can greatly affect performance.

I have two Stormtracker systems and run both Nexstorm and Lightning/2000. The lightning detection and analysis engine in Lightning/2000 is significantly better than Nexstorm's. Nexstorm's web features are a bit better but not by much. Nexstorm has Strikestar. L2K doesn't have an equivalent. Personally I prefer L2K.

If you just want to plot strikes on a map for web visitors I suggest you get GRLevel3 and the Allison House data feed that has US Precision Lightning Network included. I run this setup and it works quite well. Typically there is around a minute lag between the stroke and the display on GRLevel3. You can download a 30 day demo of GRLevel3 at http://www.grlevelx.com/.

racenet:
I highly recommend the Boltek/Nexstorm combo. I tried both software packages and Nexstorm stood shoulders above L2K in my opinion. The next major release of Nexstorm is going to be amazing, bar none. :)

Bob

capeweather:

--- Quote from: "racenet" ---I highly recommend the Boltek/Nexstorm combo. I tried both software packages and Nexstorm stood shoulders above L2K in my opinion. The next major release of Nexstorm is going to be amazing, bar none. :)

Bob
--- End quote ---

Any idea when it will be released? I haven't checked on the forums lately.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version