Weather Station Hardware > WiFiLogger/Meteo-Pi

New things for Davis console

<< < (7/7)

davidmc36:
So I have been running this new Ethernet Logger for a while now. It works very well with an up-time now of almost 19 days.

Using Weather Display or Weatherlink it pauses for WL.com uploads every minute.

I decided to try Weewx on the Pi and when first starting up I got nothing. Then after trying WD and WL again, they would not connect. The Ethernet Logger was still running fine and sending to WL.com

Then I changed the IP to static on the Ethernet Logger and Weewx started working fine. The other programs would still connect and allow WL.com uploads.

The thing with Weewx running now is that it DOES NOT pause for WL.com

I wonder what the method is to make it do that.

GHammer:

--- Quote from: davidmc36 on March 30, 2021, 07:48:04 AM ---So I have been running this new Ethernet Logger for a while now. It works very well with an up-time now of almost 19 days.

Using Weather Display or Weatherlink it pauses for WL.com uploads every minute.

I decided to try Weewx on the Pi and when first starting up I got nothing. Then after trying WD and WL again, they would not connect. The Ethernet Logger was still running fine and sending to WL.com

Then I changed the IP to static on the Ethernet Logger and Weewx started working fine. The other programs would still connect and allow WL.com uploads.

The thing with Weewx running now is that it DOES NOT pause for WL.com

I wonder what the method is to make it do that.

--- End quote ---

There is no method for WeeWX to pause data collection.
Curious as to what service wl.com is. If I put that in a browser I get a strange website that has nothing to do with weather.

mcrossley:

--- Quote from: GHammer on March 31, 2021, 10:13:42 AM ---Curious as to what service wl.com is. If I put that in a browser I get a strange website that has nothing to do with weather.

--- End quote ---

It's an abbreviation for weatherlink.com

davidmc36:

--- Quote from: GHammer on March 31, 2021, 10:13:42 AM ---......

There is no method for WeeWX to pause data collection.......

--- End quote ---

OK Good to know.

At least I got WeeWx rolling again. Had it a while ago and this week drew a total blank ](*,) for a while.

My options are open.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version