Weather Station Hardware > Blitzortung

Adding E Field Probe - Startup and Operation - not for construction

<< < (2/16) > >>

dfroula:
Thanks for this! Too cool to resist any longer! I just sent my inquiry off to Egon for my kit, as I finally have the time to build and install the setup.

Don
WD9DMP

Cutty Sark Sailor:

--- Quote from: dfroula on May 24, 2014, 12:54:07 PM ---Thanks for this! Too cool to resist any longer! I just sent my inquiry off to Egon for my kit, as I finally have the time to build and install the setup.

Don
WD9DMP

--- End quote ---
Finally found a big enough carrot, huh?

Cutty Sark Sailor:
An 'addenda' added to 1st post above...  :oops:
Mike

dfroula:
ROTFLMAO!..... :grin:

Yep....big carrot! Perhaps it will partially compensate for my non-functional AS3935!

[/quote]Finally found a big enough carrot, huh?
[/quote]

dfroula:
Mind-bending indeed! Still trying to wrap my head around this....

So?...

- Once I connect the E-field amp to controller input 2, I can no longer set the channel threshold values for Amp 1 independently? Seems odd....

- If the above is true, how does the auto-noise adjust on the H-field amp (1) deal with the situation?

- Channel C thresholds from Amp 1 and Amp 2 are tied together (same ADC)? The firmware allows channel C threshold setting on either Amp 1 or Amp 2    settings? Or, the Channel C setting on Amp 2 must be >= than the channel C threshold setting on Amp 1, but still independently adjustable? Sounds like some firmware work is needed...

- Why 3 channels for the E-field amp? Different points in the filter chain?

Thanks!

Don
WD9DMP

--- Quote from: Cutty Sark Sailor on May 23, 2014, 09:37:15 AM ---Now this gets a bit mind-bending, Threshold settings for Amp 1 for channels A and B will be identical, and shared, it will become the highest setting originally set for whichever. Ditto for A and B of Amp 2. Channel C shares the same ADC on both amps, and therefore will assume as its low threshold, the highest threshold of 1 ch C, and vice versa. Since C isn't used on H field, you can check 'Force all Channels On' and adjust amp 2 Ch C and/or Amp 1 Ch C thresholds appropriately.  Gains, however are independently adjusted.
So if you cannot lower threshold on E field (Amp 2) channel C, force all channels on, lower amp 1 Ch C, then uncheck force all channels on, and readjust the original A's and B's on both amps to suit.... Channel C on amp 2 should remain at the setting selected. It can be set higher, if memory serves, but not lower... sheesh. And I probably could have explained it better... tough.  :twisted:

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version