Author Topic: Re establish existing weather ststion  (Read 353 times)

Offline Gbutterf1

Re establish existing weather ststion
« on: July 11, 2020, 01:31:34 PM »
I have a Davies vantage Pro2 wireless,  the System is mounted on a mast above my house approx 30 ft ASL
The rain/ temp collection is at chimney height with solar panels. Up till last week my console was linked to the internet using an old laptop and the Davies USB connection. I now have the Weatherlink live which directly links to my network and the world!
I would very much like to consolidate all existing reports into this one connection, however if I turn off the laptop I lose the weather underground as it reports my station as not connected yet I can see it on the weather link etc. I also now appear to have 2 identical stations Dutch Island and Dutch Island WLL
How do I consolidate this and get everything talking to each other
( I had a battery warning this AM from my Tx so I have to go up and change it)
Thank you for any suggestions

Offline klschmidt

Re: Re establish existing weather ststion
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 05:01:00 PM »
I do not have Weatherlink Live, but if it uses a DID number to identify it on the network, it's probably similar to my situation a few years ago. I upgraded from an old USB logger to Weatherlink IP (before the debut of Weatherlink Live). After talking to Davis tech support, I was left with the persuasion that data cannot be merged. As I recall, the Weatherlink system stores data for each datalogger DID. A new datalogger DID = a new station file in Davis' data storage.

I set up a new station profile with the name I wanted to use, and renamed the old station with a name that indicates it is a archive of weather history (it is always offline since I'm not using the old datalogger). I'm using my Weatherlink account to relay data to Wunderground from the new station. Don't have Davis delete the old station if you want online access to the records.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: Re establish existing weather ststion
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2020, 03:51:41 AM »
If you were previously using the Davis Weatherlink for Windows software (specifically) and have a full local archive of historical data then this can be uploaded to the new WLL account. In other words, going this route WILL merge old and new data on wl.com.

The upload process is a little unforgiving so you need to take time and care when doing the process but it's a job you only need to do once.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

anything