Author Topic: WeatherLnkPC - download from IP data logger problems  (Read 704 times)

Offline steerage250

• Willetton Weather
WeatherLnkPC - download from IP data logger problems
« on: December 01, 2019, 06:35:43 PM »
WeatherLinkPC (6.0.5) always has trouble reading the 513 pages of historical data from the IP datalogger.  It will time out long before it ever reads 513 pages sequentially.  In the past, I have just tried again, and it would restart where it left off and I would eventually get there.  (Eg if it read 100 pages, then when I tried a 2nd time, it would say it had 413 pages to read).  Now all of a sudden, it restarts at 513 pages each time, so I will never, ever get the data completely read.

Anyone have any clues why the behaviour might have changed ?

I have a VP2 with IP data logger, and normally user Weather Display to read the data and do everything else.  I turn my PC off each night, and WeatherDisplay extracts the missing data from the datalogger.  Every now and again, this process doesn't work, and I end up with a multi-hour hole in my historical records.  The solution to this in the past has been to user Weatherlink to extract the overnight data from the data logger, and import it into my database.  Often I can use a web download (instead of direct to the IP address), but this assumes the IP data logger was able to get the packets through to the server.  In last night's case, the web download missed 40 minutes.

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
Re: WeatherLnkPC - download from IP data logger problems
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 06:47:25 PM »
You have a corrupt file(s). Unfortunately I don't remember how to fix it. Forum member Dalecoy is very good at this stuff, if he doesn't reply call Davis support tomorrow and they should be able to walk you through fixing it.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 03:41:21 AM »
Just download the archive data from weatherlink.com via Web Download. While it may seem like the long way round, it's actually a lot faster and more robust than trying to download direct from the IP logger. Web Download requires your DeviceID and account password as credentials.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline steerage250

• Willetton Weather
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 11:02:28 PM »
Bushman:  thanks for the link to the other thread.  I deleted a .wlk file that had a dodgy year prefix and all is well.

johnd:  yes, I have been using the web download more recently (and it does seem to work pretty well), but I like to have all my options open :-)

Problem solved, thanks all

anything