Author Topic: Cumulus WX windows 10? and data problem from my weather station  (Read 2504 times)

Offline Sebpil

Cumulus WX windows 10? and data problem from my weather station
« on: December 14, 2020, 05:31:00 AM »
Hi
I have been using Cumulus 1.9.4 for very long and tried to move over to MX but it seems impossible to install MX without hacking and cracking a code. So I will stay with Cumulus.
However I do have a problem with my WS3083 weather station with this software.

Every morning when I start the software I get extreme values for the night, such as winds at 394 m/s, 17894 mm rain and -52° outside min temperature.
But there hasbeen no wind, no rain and normal temperature like 5°C min temperature. But every single morning the same problem.
It has been like this for the last year so I have to remove the day data files and month extreme etc to remove these wrong recorded values.

But what might cuase this error from my weather station?
I have been resetting it both the outside unit and indoor unit, does not help.
It is an Aercus weather station itself and it has been causing me HUGE problems. But the problem is I cannot afford to spend alot of money on a new weather station every single month to experiment which one works for real and which is a "China play" station.

Any suggestions how to get my weather station to work?
Is it possible to hack the Cumulus software if that is needed to change something in the software. But it seems like it is the communication that is carried out at 433 MHz that is the problem. Almost every China sender uses this frequency and maybe that is the problem?

Have a wonderful day friends and hope to get some valuable tips here.

Offline mcrossley

• Forecaster
    • Wilmslow Astro
Re: Cumulus WX windows 10? and data problem from my weather station
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 05:50:01 AM »
I'm not sure what you mean by "hacking and cracking a code". You run Cumulus MX, open up the configuration GUI, set your station configuration, restart Cumulus MX. Not sure where any "hacking the code" comes into it?  :?

Regarding your station problem, your computer isn't being allowed to go to sleep with Cumulus running is it?

What we can do to support Cumulus 1 is limited, but you could post the debug logfile - it may give us a clue as to what is going on.
Mark

Offline Sebpil

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 05:57:13 AM »
Well I tried to install the WX version, and a DOS windows opens and says it cannot install press Ctrl-c to cancel.
Windows 10 is not a DOS computer so the installation seems strange that it opens a command window, if you do not know what DOS is.
Just strange. Have tried it many, many times, never works.
And GUI?
It is not possible to install even less possible to run the software.

Well my computer is turned off during the night and that has never been a problem before. I do not upload my values to the net only save the weather files for personal use, so turing off a computer doesn't matter. It has been working when the weather stationwas new about a year ago.

By the way I have the latest version 1.9.4 patch 2

And the debug file probably does not say anything. The station is restarted several times today and logfiles are deleted just so I can see when the fault logs are saved. I need to find everything that might cause this huge problem.

As soon as the debug file does not connect it only says,
Cumulus debug log
0000.000 : **** Logging Disabled
-----
So that does not tell you anything at all. It also says that when I remove all the logfiles except the month logfile, so that is all the debug file can say.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 06:21:42 AM by Sebpil »

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 08:19:12 AM »
That "DOS" window is telling you that the Cumulus MX application is running and to now open your web browser and go to the URL http://localhost:8998 and you'll then see the GUI. The reference to Control-C is to kill the application.

GUI means Graphical User Interface, as a reference to an application that is not text based.

Cumulus MX is a web application and it runs inside of a web engine. Similar to your router GUI.

By the way is isn't a DOS window, but rather a command prompt. Sure it may remind you of DOS and have similar commands but it's different. But there are no text commands needed to run Cumulus MX. Once it starts leave that command prompt window open and go to your browser and go to its address.

The neat thing about Cumulus MX is that since it runs as web application it means that you can then use it from other computers on your network. Therefore you can dedicate a computer to running the actual web service with its backend and then use it from a different computer in your network by just replacing "localhost" with the IP address of the computer that is running the Cumulus MX engine. Same as you can reach your router's web interface from any computer on your network.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 08:32:14 AM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline mcrossley

• Forecaster
    • Wilmslow Astro
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2020, 08:26:19 AM »
Cross posted with @galfert...

There is no installation required for CumulusMX other than unzipping it to a folder on your computer. I recommend C:\CumulusMX - do not unzip into your "Program Files" area.

I think you may be trying to run the command "CumulusMX.exe -install"?

This is to configure CumulusMX to run as a service. I would not do this until you are happy that everything is running OK. When you do run that command it must be run as an administrator.

Cumulus MX is not a traditional application with a GUI interface, it launches with a command line interface, you just leave that running, you can minimise it if you wish.
You then start your web browser and use the URL - http://localhost:8998 - to connect to the dashboard and management interface.
Mark

Offline Sebpil

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2020, 09:43:30 AM »
Thank you for the answer. Well MX will not be a partenr of mine then. It seems like it cannot support collöection of data as I need.
The old version of cumulus stored data in a file, and cumulus mx does not work as a stand alone software = junk.

I will need to look for another weather software that is much better and made for Win 10.

Problem will still be here so anyone who knows what might cuase the bogus readings my weather station reports every single day would be nice. Do not discus Cumulus MX more, to me that is a junk piece of software and I will not comment that anymore.

A weather software should be able to run by itself and not force one to open a web browser. A stand alone software please, not some web based junk.

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2020, 10:01:50 AM »
I wouldn't call it "junk" just because it opens in a prompt window.  Programming for a GUI window in Windows can be problematic.  Especially with constant changes to Windows and security.  It just makes it easier to program up a web interface since that will likely work more reliably with Windows changes.

I've been running MX for 3-4 years. It's always worked without issues.  Keep it simple seems to work well.

I'm also running Weather Display via a second console.  That is GUI.  But with a lot of different Windows and configuration areas, it is more complicated to setup.  Once running, I've had no issues.  But Cumulus is a lot easier to learn.
https://www.BismarckWeather.net
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2020, 10:10:40 AM »
You are certainly entitled to your opinion but you should follow some decorum and have some respect for the forum, its users, the developers that work hard on software, everyone here that is offering you help. You could choose your words more tactfully and simply state that Cumulus MX does not seem like it will fit your needs but there is no need to disparage the hard work of many.

My opinion is that you are misinformed. Cumulus MX does run standalone. It just has the flexibility to run and be accessible via multiple computers. There are many applications that run in this manner. There are a few very popular media player applications that run the same way for example Plex Media Server, where the interface is web based. Today people use more than one computer and they have mobile devices (phones, tablets) and they want their data accessible from everywhere. Gone are the times of running local email programs that did POP3 email as everyone has migrated to web based email applications so that their email is accessible everywhere. There are countless other examples.

- You downloaded Cumulus MX.
- You started the application that started the web engine
- The only thing left for you to have done is to open the web browser and type in http://localhost:8998 and you would have been greeted with a nice beautiful interface and a setup wizard.

If you want help you have to take advice and give things a try. People are dedicating their free time to reading your posts and helping you out, the least you could do is put in a little effort.

I'd like to point out to you that you are in the Cumulus sub-forum. One of the persons you are talking to is the software developer of the application and they are very well regarded.

I think you can do better.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 10:18:47 AM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2020, 10:10:49 AM »
Please reconsider your comments and apologize.  They are totally wrong.
I run CumulusMX, like Cumulus1 on a Windows10 PC.  Have for many years.

I believe you are misunderstanding the mention of web.  CumulusMX like Cumulus1 runs pretty well the same way.  CumulusMX is actually easier as you do not need to do an "install".  Just unzip to its own folder - i.e. C:\CumulusMX then go to that folder and click on CumulusMX.exe and the program will start to run.  Yes it does popup a DOS-like CMD screen and that is showing that it is running.  You can minimize that and leave it alone just as you would have on the Cumulus1 running (can't run two programs at the same time though).  Then on your PC in a browser enter localhost:8998 and a Cumulus dashboard (the same function as the Cumulus1 main console) will appear where you can do all the appropriate settings.  If it is a first time CumulusMX start then you will need to set the station information and then stop and restart CumulusMX so that the station information can be read by CumulusMX at start.  Nothing in this process gets out of your local PC unless you want to use the web files upload.

If you have difficulty help is usually gladly offered.

Try to enjoy,
Paul

Offline Sebpil

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2020, 10:21:29 AM »
You are certainly entitled to your opinion but you should follow some decorum and have some respect for the forum, its users, the developers that work hard on software, everyone here that is offering you help. You could choose your words more tactfully and simply state that Cumulus MX does not seem like it will fit your needs but there is no need to disparage the hard work of many.

My opinion is that you are misinformed. Cumulus MX does run standalone. It just has the flexibility to run and be accessible via multiple computers. There are many applications that run in this manner. There are a few very popular media player applications that run the same way for example Plex Media Server, where the interface is web based. Today people use more than one computer and they have mobile devices (phones, tablets) and they want their data accessible from everywhere. Gone are the times of running local email programs that did POP3 email as everyone has migrated to web based email applications so that their email is accessible everywhere. There are countless other examples.

- You downloaded Cumulus MX.
- You started the application that started the web engine
- The only thing left for you to have done is to open the web browser and type in http://localhost:8998 and you would have been greeted with a nice beautiful interface and a setup wizard.

If you want help you have to take advice and give things a try. People are dedicating their free time to reading your posts and helping you out, the least you could do is put in a little effort.

I'd like to point out to you that you are in the Cumulus forum. One of the persons you are talking to is the software developer of the application and they are very well regarded.

I think you can do better.

Well I have tried Cumulus MX and I do not like it. You as a moderator can think what you want, I am just telling my opinion in a free world.
Days are not gone using POP3 and similar, I use it daily since I know what security means.

A stand alone software for a weather station when you collect data and want to store it safe on a computer is VITAL. Running it in a web based window = threats of stolen data etc.
In a computer I can set the security options and block external users from accessing. But I will not go into that here since that is another topic.

The issue here is false readings from my weather station. Stop forcing someone to like Cumulus MX that does not like it, that is not the future. Today you have apps for mobile devices, if you need to see actual weather in a phone if you cannot see it "live". But for storgae and safety of logging a computer is needed, otherwise data just passes thriough layers and disapears.

A data file is stored on my computer/server or where ever I want it, but for that a software is needed and not a web based setup.

For those that like MX version, use it, I will never like it since I do not want to have this unstable data collection of weather data.

As I told before I will not comment the MX version anymore, it is way too basic for my needs.

Back to the real issue:
Does anyone have any experience of a weather station, like mine, WS 3083 of Aercus instruments, that gets very wrong data such as fictious rain meter as well as made up temperatures and wind data?

Or are these weather stations just too basic themselves?

If anyone knows a weahetr station that is connected with wires I would prefer that and am open for any suggestions. As long as it does contain a logger that stores weather data and does not make up values that the weather station wants to report instead of real values?

Offline Sebpil

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2020, 10:25:34 AM »
Please reconsider your comments and apologize.  They are totally wrong.
I run CumulusMX, like Cumulus1 on a Windows10 PC.  Have for many years.

I believe you are misunderstanding the mention of web.  CumulusMX like Cumulus1 runs pretty well the same way.  CumulusMX is actually easier as you do not need to do an "install".  Just unzip to its own folder - i.e. C:\CumulusMX then go to that folder and click on CumulusMX.exe and the program will start to run.  Yes it does popup a DOS-like CMD screen and that is showing that it is running.  You can minimize that and leave it alone just as you would have on the Cumulus1 running (can't run two programs at the same time though).  Then on your PC in a browser enter localhost:8998 and a Cumulus dashboard (the same function as the Cumulus1 main console) will appear where you can do all the appropriate settings.  If it is a first time CumulusMX start then you will need to set the station information and then stop and restart CumulusMX so that the station information can be read by CumulusMX at start.  Nothing in this process gets out of your local PC unless you want to use the web files upload.

If you have difficulty help is usually gladly offered.

Try to enjoy,
Paul

Thank you for the information. Well I have understood that by now. Still do not like the way it is built or looks.
As far as I can see there is no cloud height report, just some fun information, yes I can calculate that myself, no problem, but it was visible on the old Cumulus software I had. So far I have not found it it the web based script.

Am also open to create and develop a new software for weather stations as long as I know how to retrieve the information from the weather station. Should not be that hard to create some useful real software for these weather stations.

For the rest se my question above.

Thank you Paul for your easy to follow reply, that is appreciated.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2020, 10:42:22 AM »
I know the WS3083 well. It has been superseded 4 times by newer hardware model revisions. The WS3083 was an entry level consumer grade weather station. It was not designed to last the years that you've had it. There are many newer technological improvements if you were to compare it to the newest models. Your station sports analog sensors, it is made of inexpensive plastic that by now has probably yellowed considerably and even become brittle. The good news is that you can still get a decent weather station for about the price that you paid for your WS3083 (in today's money). The bad news is that you will likely not be able to continue to run Cumulus 1 with a newer station because they communicate differently and Cumulus 1 has not been maintained to support the newer stations. I think your problem is your old hardware. You can't fix the problem that you have with Cumulus MX nor any other software. Some technically talented individuals have been able to keep their old WS3083 and similar stations running by ordering parts from electronics parts stores and then they break out their soldering iron skills. But there is much to gain from the technological improvements of newer stations. You mentioned wanting a cabled station...well that too has changed (unless you are willing to spend big money). It seems to me like you are set in your ways in how hardware and software was 15 - 20 years ago. Change is difficult the older you get I've noticed from dealing with a lot of people. Unfortunately the future belongs to those that embrace it along with its changes. Some what what you are saying though about web based application and data disappearing is not at all accurate. It may seem that way to you if you do not understand the underlying technology, but that doesn't mean that your perception is reality. I do understand though that in your world that your perception is your reality. In order to resolve that it will require you to learn new ways of doing things so that todays newest technologies are not a matter of unknowingness that you then attribute distrust for.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 10:57:33 AM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2020, 10:56:19 AM »

Correct the CumulusMX dashboard does not include the calculated cloudbase.  To me that is not an issue.  As you say, it can be calculated, and CumulusMX like Cumulus1 does have the webtag <#cloudbase> that can be used if wanted.
Everyone has their own opinion and many do like the current CumulusMX Dashboard on their PC/Rp1.  This is a similar internet script but that would not be suitable for your preference  www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.php

Regarding your station problem, sorry can't help with that.  There are options such as Davis and newer Ambient/Ecowitt.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Sebpil

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2020, 10:56:41 AM »
I know the WS3083 well. It has been superseded 4 times by newer hardware model revisions. The WS3083 was an entry level consumer grade weather station. It was not designed to last the years that you've had it. There are many newer technological improvements if you were to compare it to the newest models. Your station sports analog sensors, it is made of inexpensive plastic that by now has probably yellowed considerably and even become brittle. The good news is that you can still get a decent weather station for about the price that you paid for your WS3083 (in today's money). The bad news is that you will likely not be able to continue to run Cumulus 1 with a newer station because they communicate differently and Cumulus 1 has not been maintained to support the newer stations. I think your problem is your old hardware. You can't fix the problem that you have with Cumulus MX nor any other software. Some technically talented individuals have been able to keep their old WS3083 and similar stations running by ordering parts from electronics parts stores and then they break out their soldering iron skills. But there is much to gain from the technological improvements of newer stations. You mentioned wanting a cabled station...well that too has changed (unless you are willing to spend big money). It seems to me like you are set in your ways in how hardware and software was 15 - 20 years ago. Change is difficult the older you get I've noticed from dealing with a lot of people. Unfortunately the future belongs to those that embrace it along with its changes. Some what what you are saying though about web based application and data disappearing is not at all accurate. It may seem that way to you if you do not understand the underlying technology, but that doesn't mean that your perception is reality.

Great, my weather station is 1 (one) year old and was sold as new.
So I guess the sellers = Aercus Instruments are liars as well and try to sell China junk.

I am very real, and tell it like it is, some people cannot stand the truth, sad for them but I can just tell as it is.

So WS3083 is to you an old one. Which is new then?
What is recommended to use that will last more than 10 months?

Today China manufactures JUNK and that is a universal truth.
What I am looking for is a weather station than can communicate safe, give true values and collect data in a data file on my computer. That was not too hard was it?

There is a new weather station on the market every single day and all are new to everyone. What I am looking for is a serious weather station that can log, just as this WS3083 can, and it can, just depends on what kind of software you use.

So to you galfert, what is an updated weather station in your opinion?
Cause there are about 10 billion suggestions out there what weather station to use that is reliable, all are competing with everyone.

For your information aiports and serious weather watchers use sometime 20 years old hardware without and problems, they do not update like home users are every single day.
End of story.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2020, 11:03:18 AM »
Sure, there are older stations at airports, roadways etc.:  R.M. Young and (from your country) Vaisala.  Neither are even prosumer - they are expensive pro systems.  You should get a Davis.  And secondarily run Weatherdisplay which will let you fiddle to your desires.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2020, 11:09:28 AM »
Well sorry to hear that you have not had the Aercus WS3083 that long and only 1 year! I think it is rather unfortunate that such an old model continues to exist and be sold as new. Well it is new in the box...it just is not current technology...and you really didn't save much compared to the newer stuff. Aercus is just the reseller of stuff from China. In this particular instance the manufacture is actually Fine Offset. I don't know if Fine Offset is still actually manufacturing this old model for Aercus or if they are just selling old inventory. In Fine Offset's website they do not list these older generation stuff.

The good news is that Fine Offset continues to be a thriving company and very popular. They have much improved their offerings. Fine Offset was and still is only a manufacture and they deal with resellers and offer them products with reseller branding. But as of a couple years ago they launched a retail brand of their own. The name of this company is Ecowitt. I would recommend that you look at Ecowitt's product line up for current models. Since you are in Europe you can also look at some of the other resellers that have current models like Froggit. But be aware that not everything from Froggit is made by Fine Offset which is important as that will drive software compatibility and even sensor compatibility. So start with Ecowitt and familiarize yourself with those products and then you'll be able to pick those out from Froggit as that may in some cases produce a better price point.

The other company to consider is Davis Instruments. But this is considered a step up in quality and price from the stuff from China. The current stuff from China is not junk. It is just that you need to be more aware of what is junk and what isn't.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 11:12:36 AM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline Sebpil

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2020, 11:42:24 AM »
Well sorry to hear that you have not had the Aercus WS3083 that long and only 1 year! I think it is rather unfortunate that such an old model continues to exist and be sold as new. Well it is new in the box...it just is not current technology...and you really didn't save much compared to the newer stuff. Aercus is just the reseller of stuff from China. In this particular instance the manufacture is actually Fine Offset. I don't know if Fine Offset is still actually manufacturing this old model for Aercus or if they are just selling old inventory. In Fine Offset's website they do not list these older generation stuff.

The good news is that Fine Offset continues to be a thriving company and very popular. They have much improved their offerings. Fine Offset was and still is only a manufacture and they deal with resellers and offer them products with reseller branding. But as of a couple years ago they launched a retail brand of their own. The name of this company is Ecowitt. I would recommend that you look at Ecowitt's product line up for current models. Since you are in Europe you can also look at some of the other resellers that have current models like Froggit. But be aware that not everything from Froggit is made by Fine Offset which is important as that will drive software compatibility and even sensor compatibility. So start with Ecowitt and familiarize yourself with those products and then you'll be able to pick those out from Froggit as that may in some cases produce a better price point.

The other company to consider is Davis Instruments. But this is considered a step up in quality and price from the stuff from China. The current stuff from China is not junk. It is just that you need to be more aware of what is junk and what isn't.

Wonderful!
Thank you again for the fine information.
Froggit is the company that sold the Aercus WS-3083 as new to me. I do not trust them since they still claim that station is the latest one in contact, and if you are lucky to get an answer from this one man company in a garage.

Will sure take a look at the ones you recommend and most important to me is that the product itself is not manufactured in China since they only sell pirate copies of everything good.
China is China, communists that wants you to believe they can develop something, but they cannot, they can only make pirate copies.

Once again thank you very much for the information, I will keep looking for a professional well perfomring weather station that does the job, prefered not wireless since the signals in the air only get more and more dense which will give false results eventually.

I raise a flag and salute the wired weather stations. They are designed to live not to die.

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2020, 11:49:10 AM »

Once again thank you very much for the information, I will keep looking for a professional well perfomring weather station that does the job, prefered not wireless
Davis VP2 Wired https://www.davisinstruments.com/product/cabled-vantage-pro2-with-standard-radiation-shield/

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2020, 11:58:49 AM »
Just be aware, that like almost everything else nowadays, Davis stations are NOT "Made in USA".  They "cleverly" (ha!) now state on their webpage "MADE BY "US""  LOL

(Side note:  I recently bought some glass storage containers with plastic lids, and was shocked - shocked I tell you! - to see they were truly "Made in USA".  What a world..."
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2020, 10:01:00 AM »
The issue here is false readings from my weather station. Stop forcing someone to like Cumulus MX that does not like it, that is not the future. Today you have apps for mobile devices, if you need to see actual weather in a phone if you cannot see it "live". But for storgae and safety of logging a computer is needed, otherwise data just passes thriough layers and disapears.

You're so misinformed and off the mark, it's unreal!

CumulusMX still logs data to the PC it is running on, and it's just as secure as Cumulus 1.

As for "It's not the future"

You might like to read up about web apps - unfortunately for you, they are the future.  \:D/

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2020, 01:11:23 PM »
Before you start ripping into a piece of software as "junk" you might want to educate yourself a bit.  That "DOS window" is the Windows 10 command line interface.  Windows itself is a rather large collection of background processes, most of which have no GUI of their own and rely on other components (like Internet Explorer) to display an interface outside of that command line.  Cumulus MX is no different; it is a background process which runs collecting data from your weather station and *serving* it via your computer using a built-in webserver which displays it in whatever way you like on your choice of browser.  There is no "cloud" and the data never leaves your computer except for display should you connect remotely.

We get it...you don't like the design.  However, that has nothing to do with everything else you've been ranting about.

As to your original complaint of "every morning when I start the software I get extreme values for the night", if it is not running overnight how can it have any accurate data?  Some weather station equipment will cache data for a short period of time but eventually it'll be overwritten or corrupted if that memory space fills before you download the data.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 01:15:44 PM by WSWeather »

Offline ArmySlowRdr

• Senior Contributor
    • South Central Killeen
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2024, 03:26:25 PM »
Davis isn't all that either but is all we have unless we can spend 10s of thousands.  Davis wilts int he Texas summer triple digit heat.  7 to 10 years and the sensors still may transmit but the panels, housing etc becomes a crumbling mess.