Author Topic: New record high on display  (Read 419 times)

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
New record high on display
« on: July 23, 2020, 12:31:54 AM »
  I was walking past my display and noticed a high of 921.0 and a record high of 922.0 with a heat index of 733 plus the pressure was a tad bit high lol lol  . So it was either the end of day's or my display had a tad bit of a malfunction . I hit the clear today's records and it still showed 921 . I didn't want to unplug it because we know what can happens when you do that  but I couldn't get the numbers to go away .  Finally I unplugged the display for a few seconds and after it rebooted it still showed 905.0 . So I bite the bullet and unplugged it for 10 minutes and it did restart as a new display and after walking thru the settings the temp showed correct ! Hope this is just a one off deal and doesn't happen again because I really don't want to unplug this display again .

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]   After reset .  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 12:36:04 AM by Mabcmb »

Offline AlanD96

Re: New record high on display
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 10:40:06 AM »
I know what you mean when you say you don't want to unplug your display.  I have three and each one died and needed to be replaced after being unplugged. 
I hope resetting yours permanently corrected the problem.  Sometimes those ones and zeros get very confused. 

Offline mikemaps

Re: New record high on display
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 04:27:48 PM »
My display is working correctly now, but I can't use the touchscreen, nothing happens when I touch the screen. The last display I had once I unplugged it, it would never start again & they had to send me a new display, I'm on my 3rd. Why are the displays such poor quality & would they send me another if it's been less than 1 year since replacement even though I've had the Atlas 1 1/2 years?