Author Topic: Atlas UV Reading Observation  (Read 424 times)

Offline AlanD96

Atlas UV Reading Observation
« on: June 15, 2020, 09:37:36 AM »
I owned an Atlas with an intermittent fan problem which was out of warranty.  A family member bought me a new one which I mounted on the same pole as the old one.

My one frustration with the older unit was the UV readings always seemed low, especially compared with other weather stations in my area. In mid summer at noon with bright sun, it hardly ever read higher than "3," maybe "4" and I was shocked to see a "5" once, but only once. 

My new Atlas has much higher, and presumably more accurate readings.  It often goes as high as "9" on a bright sunny day, which corresponds to what the EPA says my readings should be.  I guess they figured out the problem on their older units. 

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
Re: Atlas UV Reading Observation
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 02:10:33 PM »
The fan motors can be replaced.

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 02:12:43 PM »
Funny I just wrote to Acurite once again about my Atlas showing low UV readings . It's been a year and all they ever send me back is there working on this problem  " We are working on the issue and will be in contact with any updates " so far no updates  and no contact from them on this issue since last year  !!

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 09:19:31 AM »
Funny I just wrote to Acurite once again about my Atlas showing low UV readings . It's been a year and all they ever send me back is there working on this problem  " We are working on the issue and will be in contact with any updates " so far no updates  and no contact from them on this issue since last year  !!
Same as me, filed a warranty claim and got the same reply as you did …

“We are working on the issue and will be in contact with any updates " so far no updates and no contact from them on this issue since last year”.

They should send us a replacement for the UV module … but I’m not expecting any resolution or fix to the problem.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

anything