Author Topic: Meteobridge Stopped Sending Data to WU.  (Read 1812 times)

Offline ngiovas

• Top of Ashford Weather Station
Meteobridge Stopped Sending Data to WU.
« on: January 28, 2015, 05:47:04 AM »
I'm still in my evaluation period of Meteobridge and trying to work out the kinks, but it appears that I have run into an issue.

I have an Acurite station and am running Meteobridge on a TL-WR703n router.

I had the system up and running yesterday and it appeared to be updating realtime with no issues all afternoon.  Late last night I noticed that the WU site said the data was updated one minute earlier, but the temp and wind speed were way off.  I checked the weather station display (Acurite) and the Meteobridge live data tab and both were up to date.  It also said data was being sent to WU successfully.

On WU it says an update was received within the past few minutes (not seconds), but the data never changes.  It also no longer is displaying my station on the map.  I have to click on my personal weather station to view it.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  My meteobridge is obviously getting a wireless signal since I can access it from another computer.  And it is getting realtime data from the station according to the live data tab.  I just need to figure out why it isn't displaying on the site.

The only other odd thing that shouldn't be related is that the time on my meteobridge is way off.  Even though I have the timezone set correctly, it says it is getting the time from my IP.  Last night it was Arizona.  Today it says Atlanta.  Either way, the time is about 8 hours faster (Atlanta is in the same time zone as me in Michigan).

Any help would be appreciated.

Nick

Offline ngiovas

Re: Meteobridge Stopped Sending Data to WU.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 05:53:54 AM »
One other note - I just noticed that the graphs on WU show that about 5 times during the night that the temp dipped to the correct number (about 10F) and then immediately jumped back up to 25F.  Same with the wind.  It is currently 1mph and it dropped back down at those same times, but is usually displaying 9mph which is wrong.

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 06:26:23 AM »
Which Acu-Rite console and/or network bridge you are using would probably be helpful information.....  ;)
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline ngiovas

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 06:29:37 AM »
Sorry about that.  I am using an Acurite 2032c.  The USB from the display is connected directly to my Meteobridge hub (WR703n).

I confirmed that Weatherbug is updating every minute, so it doesn't appear to be an internet connection issue.  Meteobridge is stating that it successfully connect to WU (green check mark and current date and time).  And all of the live data is accurate on the bridge.

Offline ngiovas

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 06:34:05 AM »
Sorry for the number of posts - just trying to add as much info as possible.

I changed Weather Bug to update every 30 seconds and I noticed that it is sometimes not updating for several minutes, even when the temp changes slightly.  Both WU and Weather Bug are showing a green check mark and it says "success" next to both with a current time stamp.

I tried removing the WU ID, got a login error, corrected it and it connected immediately, but still not updating regularly and my station still doesn't appear on the map.

Offline ngiovas

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 08:09:43 AM »
I think I figured it out.  It appears everything is working again.

I just got the station and have been evaluating various software solutions.  I was originally trying Weather Display, but didn't want to leave the computer running 24/7.  When I got Meteobridge up and running yesterday, I shut down the other computer and everything was fine.

Last night I started up Weather Display to look at a configuration setting and I never shut it down.  The data that was displaying on WU was the last known temps and wind from Weather Display.  I think that every once in a while it would show the data received from meteohub, but was getting overwritten by Weather Display every few seconds.  WU must have recognized that the data hadn't changed in hours and pulled me from the map.

I shut down Weather Display again this morning and now everything seems good.  I will keep an eye on it, but I'm guessing that was the issue.

Offline ngiovas

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 10:14:30 AM »
I spoke too soon  :-(.

I just checked and my station is no longer on the map again.  It also is showing temps that are way off (and not changing).  My updates were coming every 30 seconds, now it is showing updates that are 10 minutes old.

I'm not really sure what is happening.  I don't think it is a WU issue because all of the other stations around me seem to be working fine.  Temps are regularly updating and they aren't going offline.

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 01:40:49 PM »
Just check on Meteobridge "Live Data" tab about age of data and when upload to WU was going ok last time.
Meteobridge does show this information to allow you to find-out if there is an issue on Meteobridge side or on WU side.
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick

Offline ngiovas

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 02:28:33 PM »
Just check on Meteobridge "Live Data" tab about age of data and when upload to WU was going ok last time.
Meteobridge does show this information to allow you to find-out if there is an issue on Meteobridge side or on WU side.

When I checked it this morning, all live data was current and accurate, but the web still had old data.  In addition, WU showed that it updated successfully (current timestamp) and had the green checkmark.  To me, this seems to point to a WU issue, but all of the other sites around me are working fine while I am down (I have never seen them go away).

Interestingly enough, it is back up right now (has been for about an hour).  I will continue to monitor it.  Is there any type of logs I can check that might show the transmission data and/or a confirmation message from WU?

I may also sign up for a few more sites to see if they are updated successfully.

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 02:40:36 PM »
I may also sign up for a few more sites to see if they are updated successfully.
That sounds like a good idea to me.

Meteobridge does not store the history of the communication with weather networks. But when it
returns OK, than the weather network has confirmed that sending was fine.
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick