Author Topic: WiFiLogger - Connect your Davis console directly to the Internet via WiFi  (Read 109234 times)

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: WiFiLogger - Connect your Davis console directly to the Internet via WiFi
« Reply #400 on: August 03, 2018, 09:53:04 AM »
PLEASE make it clear upfront whether you're talking about 'local' Weatherlink for Windows (eg v6.0.4) or the weatherlink.com 2.0 cloud platform. Both are supported by WFL but the two have very different configuration
And I thought I knew everything :oops: ?
My original setup is Davis VP2 Pus with Envoy USB logger set as serial WL6.0.2I had signed up Weatherlink.com v2 with that information.
I don't run this regularly as using Cumulus but run this WL twice a month to keep WL data complete at 10 min interval

With the Wifilogger I have Vue consoleI have WiFiLogger uploading to Weatherlink.com with that same login info but at 5 min interval
I had not run WL6.0.2 with WiFiLogger (TCP/IP) until today and it gave a message that the station was VP2 and download is Vue and I should change station info.
I ignored the message and WL6.0.2 started logger download.  Everything seems fine in all the reports and data browse.
Will I have any future data issue if I keep my WL6.0.2 set as station VP2 Plus and use the Vue WiFiLogger setup?
Thanks,Paul

Offline CannockChaseWeather

« Reply #401 on: August 05, 2018, 07:02:55 PM »
Hello, can anyone give me some help in setting up the CWOP section in the setup. I am a radio ham and have a call sign. I have had several attempts but this has failed to upload my data to the site. Many thanks Steve G4YTK

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #402 on: August 05, 2018, 09:02:50 PM »
I have mine as:
Call sign: FW2530
APRS Server: cwop.aprs.net
Port: 14580
Password: -1

Hope this helps
Paul

« Reply #403 on: August 06, 2018, 03:51:14 PM »
Thanks Paul, still no luck, trial and error I will find it one day. Thanks for your reply anyway

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
« Reply #404 on: August 06, 2018, 04:16:52 PM »
First thing is, you have to update system to 1.19. If you have 1.11 version, this one had CWOP problem.
You need to save proper data. PaulMy send proper values.
after that
I can provide special firmware which will give you special windows with debug information.
WFL always print debug information via UART (3v) when anything is happened (blinking of the blue led), but this need USB<-> UART cable + some little computer skills.
All we needed is some patience and more info.

« Reply #405 on: August 06, 2018, 04:57:05 PM »
I am running v 1.91. I am sure I will find out what it is, then it will work fine.

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
« Reply #406 on: August 06, 2018, 05:01:25 PM »
This system is quite new. Why you think that is your fault?
It can be problem with WFL, or CWOP. You will never know until you see debug info.
Have you been successful with any other export function? PWS? WU?

« Reply #407 on: August 06, 2018, 05:38:20 PM »
Yes I have no issues with PWS or WU they are working fine and reporting well. All issues with Davis Bulletin have been resolved with v 1.19. The Davis app is responding well and updating too now with no issues. I am very pleased with the WiFi data logger and pleased I bought the logger, it's so good not having to run a pc 24 7 

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
« Reply #408 on: August 06, 2018, 05:48:05 PM »
WFL was made to resolve problem of distribution data from Davis console to the Internet. This situation is floating that why I need info from users.
WheatonRon had problem with CWOP. His problem was that I used bad CWOP password in early firmware. Problem was with word "vers", there was "ver" in his system. 3 from 7 cwop servers didn't accept "ver". Funny thing is that you can use passwrod "-1" instead of "-1 vers WiFiLogger 1.19" and will work better than full password.
I will prepare special firmware with debug info for you. I will send you it tomorrow.

Offline dean.martin

« Reply #409 on: August 07, 2018, 02:04:20 AM »
How much is this? Can this be setup to upload the data to a personal/private website or database?
Please contact me thru dean.martin@sumifru.com.ph.

Offline ANPweather

• Contributor
    • Anthem North Parkside, AZ
« Reply #410 on: August 07, 2018, 12:27:37 PM »
Earlier I reported a problem with WFL 1.19 uploading regular and Rapidfire data to WU. Based on your replies, I moved uploading of both back to Weather Display.

Today I noticed that my PWS data had problems. For example, starting about 1415 yesterday temperature went 110 degrees. It stayed there until 1845 when it dropped to 108 degrees. It stayed there until 0755 this morning. All other values show similar freezes.

Going back to Jul 31 there are other similar data freezes. Between July 30-31 I had a major power outage that prevented data uploads. My Davis Pro 2 console ran on battery during that time. Just now I reset WFL and will see what happens going forward.

Davis Vantage Vue, Davis Pro 2 Console with Wifi Logger
Weather Display software
WU: KAZNEWRI17
PWS: ANTHEMNP
CWOP: EW7526

Offline Middle of Nowhere Guy

« Reply #411 on: August 10, 2018, 07:29:19 PM »
Regarding Weatherlink, I didn't have any great expectations from reading this thread, but using the WFL option to send using the "WL IP" mode, all I can see in the WeatherLink "Bulletin" web page is the barometer data and the "wind rose" data.   The temperature and rain sections and all of the other "gateways" are empty.   Not much to see here.  I tried switching the mode to "WL PC" and don't see any changes.

Same problem with Weatherlink.  WU, PWS, CWOP all work fine.  Just get barometer and wind rose on Weatherlink.com, and that's just occasionally.  Not that big of a deal to me since the others work flawlessly.  It's entirely possible that I'm doing something wrong.

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
« Reply #412 on: August 11, 2018, 07:09:34 AM »
Regarding Weatherlink, I didn't have any great expectations from reading this thread, but using the WFL option to send using the "WL IP" mode, all I can see in the WeatherLink "Bulletin" web page is the barometer data and the "wind rose" data.   The temperature and rain sections and all of the other "gateways" are empty.   Not much to see here.  I tried switching the mode to "WL PC" and don't see any changes.

Same problem with Weatherlink.  WU, PWS, CWOP all work fine.  Just get barometer and wind rose on Weatherlink.com, and that's just occasionally.  Not that big of a deal to me since the others work flawlessly.  It's entirely possible that I'm doing something wrong.

Sorry I am late. I had hard week in my regular job.
I am trying to fix this problem when real time data view and RapidFire cause console latency and CRC reading is occur. LOOP data are not read properly, so it's freeze.
It's ok now, but still testing.

About WL.COM if you have new free account. You should use WL PC and click on "Activation" text in WL.COM windows on WiFiLogger.
1. Set WL PC
2. Save
3. Click on "Activation"
4. Wait interval time, data should be send properly.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Let me know if that was the problem.
All new DIDs from WL.COM has to be actiavted before using.

If you don't have "Activation" text, then you need to update to the latest version, bin file and HTML files.

Offline redlynr

« Reply #413 on: August 11, 2018, 08:40:24 AM »
3. Click on "Activation"
That was the trick!   It wasn't obvious to me before that this was "clickable".
Thanks!

Offline Middle of Nowhere Guy

« Reply #414 on: August 11, 2018, 08:44:53 AM »
3. Click on "Activation"
That was the trick!   It wasn't obvious to me before that this was "clickable".
Thanks!

Same here.  I figured "Activation" meant activate by picking one of the options in the drop down menu since it didn't say enable.  Works for me as well now.  I knew it had to be something I was doing wrong lol.

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
« Reply #415 on: August 11, 2018, 03:24:52 PM »
I have published new firmware 1.20.
I have repaired consol reading problem with RapidFire and Real Time Data. LOOP data wasn't renew because of console blocking by too often readings.
I hope that will solve this problem for good.

http://wifilogger.net/files/WiFiLogger120.zip
If you have version 1.19 only bin file has to be updated, no html files.

Offline blacklistedcard

« Reply #416 on: August 14, 2018, 08:24:24 PM »
I just got the WiFi logger.   Going to update the firmware and get it online.   Nice hardware....

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #417 on: August 14, 2018, 08:59:18 PM »
I just got the WiFi logger.   Going to update the firmware and get it online.   Nice hardware....

As noted below by the maker of this great tool, you don’t need to update the html files if your system had 1.19. If you just purchased yours new, that is not very likely so be sure and include the 10+ html files for updating if your firmware is 1.18 or earlier.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 10:23:18 PM by WheatonRon »
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline blacklistedcard

« Reply #418 on: August 15, 2018, 12:04:42 PM »

As noted below by the maker of this great tool, you don’t need to update the html files if your system had 1.19. If you just purchased yours new, that is not very likely so be sure and include the 10+ html files for updating if your firmware is 1.18 or earlier.

Got it online and firmware with html files in about 2 minutes.   lol   Where was this device 10 years ago?

Offline Bobvelle

• Contributor
    • Fairfield Weather Station
« Reply #419 on: August 15, 2018, 12:18:07 PM »
I thought the same thing, Blacklist.  Davis should have come up with it first though, in my opinion.
 But that's the beauty of the free market.. =D&gt;

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
« Reply #420 on: August 15, 2018, 03:54:05 PM »
lol   Where was this device 10 years ago?
Thanks for choosing WFL.

10 years ago hardware and software was not exist.
It could be on market 2-3 years ago, but this hardware was on enthusiast market first, then after 3-4 years proof itself and there is a lot of IOT WiFi devices on market now using similar hardware.
The delay is maximum 1.5 years.

Davis should have come up with it first though, in my opinion.
 But that's the beauty of the free market.. =D&gt;

Probably they have no time for this.
But they do a lot. WL.COM 2.0 looks good in my opinion.
But you have right. Today washing machine has WiFi, or Bluetooth. Why weather station was abandoned?

Offline G4EQZ

« Reply #421 on: August 15, 2018, 04:49:36 PM »
[quote author=Middle of Nowhere Guy link=topic=34312.msg356087#msg356087 date=1533943759
[/quote]

I had same issue, just barometer and wind rose but went away after a few hours of data gathered

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #422 on: August 15, 2018, 05:36:12 PM »
There WAS one about 10 years ago.  Davis shut it down.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline dport

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #423 on: August 16, 2018, 09:57:20 AM »

Got it online and firmware with html files in about 2 minutes.   lol   Where was this device 10 years ago?

I know right, this product actually pushed me over the edge and convinced me to buy a Davis VP2.  I didn't want to deal with the IP logger, software, wires, computer 24/7, all that stuff.  This basically turns the VP2 into a plug and play device AND it's a more cost effective solution.  Stick the wifilogger into back of console, plug in console, ready to go...
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 10:00:05 AM by dport »

Offline G4EQZ

« Reply #424 on: August 16, 2018, 11:27:20 AM »
I am a newbie (day 2) with this weather stuff and hopefully not off topic with this question.

I am using a WFL in my VP2 to push data to WU and WL. What is the best method to store my full resolution data (i.e. all data points). I have an FTP server and noticed there is an FTP facility in WFL. Does this data arrive in some standard format easily read by say CumulusMX or is it raw for processing thro Excel or whatever? A polite finger in the right direction or some existing thread much appreciated. Don't want to be reinventing a square wheel :)

Cheers ... Keith