Author Topic: NEW - WU Webcam Changes - Requires new Key - changes required by 9/20/2019!  (Read 5734 times)

Offline awsum140

• Forecaster
I just changed the name, but the camera showed as "online" already,  before the name change.  There have been no failures with upload, as far as I can tell, since 20:50 last evening.  That would seem to indicate the .jpg files are making it to the server, just not coming back out on the other side.  Maybe Brutus should kick that server a few times.  I'll wait a few hours and see if anything changes.  I am uploading to webcam.wunderground.com and if this persists I'll try an IP address instead.
If it's not a Boerboel it's just a dog.

Offline Mirwin275

• Senior Contributor
  • AcuRite Atlas (wind ext. & lightning detector)
So the camera reporting status still appears to be very inconsistent and mine has not updated since 2 and a half hours ago. The servers are obviously not working at 100% for the cameras right now. I also still have not seen my camera appear on the android app yet, since it showed up on the website.

Offline awsum140

• Forecaster
So after more than a day of not seeing any images update I decided to run Wire Shark on port 21 and see what was going on.  The log in occurred normally but it couldn't delete the existing file for some reason.  The message was file or directory doesn't exist.  On a whim, I removed the default directory of "\" and now everything is back to normal, or what passes for normal.

In the setup WU says either '\' or leave the directory blank.  It was working fine with the backslash, then stopped working.  Obviously something has changed at the WU end, again.

Bottom line is if you're having a problem, remove the backslash from the upload directory.

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
No images for me and the FTP login is back to failing again.

Offline awsum140

• Forecaster
I just had a look at my log and it did fail at 12:20 with the, good, olde, "1f".  That's been happening a lot since this latest iteration so I'm not too worried, yet.  Only time will tell.  I just hope it's not a harbinger of more problems with FTP.  I will also say that it seems obvious, at least to me anyway, that they're still working on the FTP system so sporadic things like this may keep happening for a while. (I can't believe I said that)

Offline GreyOwl

• Station up and running, No RH or Pressure sensors
My camera is finally showing associated and seems to be uploading again.
Now if they could figure out where they are getting my RH at 255% and pressure at 19.99",  that would be great. No idea where they come up with that figure since I don't send any RH or pressure data due to no sensors for it.

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KNVNORTH32
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 03:31:47 PM by GreyOwl »
CWOP: CW8399
KNVNORTH32
Weather Wizard III, wired
Homebuilt DFARS
Weather Link 5.9.0, serial version
Logitech 9000PRO Webcam

Offline awsum140

• Forecaster
Brutus must of kicked the server, hard enough and in just the right spot I guess.

Offline GreyOwl

• Station up and running, No RH or Pressure sensors
Now if he could only find the right spots to fix the rest of the problems :shock:
CWOP: CW8399
KNVNORTH32
Weather Wizard III, wired
Homebuilt DFARS
Weather Link 5.9.0, serial version
Logitech 9000PRO Webcam

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
All working again. This reminds me of the hokey cokey.

Offline Molyvos Weather Station

• From Molyvos Weather Station
    • Molyvos Weather Station
I added a new FTP webcam using the new key and (drum roll) . . . . . IT WORKS.

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/webcam/RobandCarol/2

Sadly, the URL method still does not work. WU support keep telling me that it does work, but it really doesn't.  ](*,)

Even worse both the iOS and Android WU apps don't show the working camera, only old cameras that no longer exist. I've tried flushing the cache, uninstall and re-install but it makes no difference. Even the Webcam layer does not show the working webcam.

Big sigh. :?
Molyvos Weather Station

Our Webcam

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
I added a new FTP webcam using the new key and (drum roll) . . . . . IT WORKS.

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/webcam/RobandCarol/2

Sadly, the URL method still does not work. WU support keep telling me that it does work, but it really doesn't.  ](*,)

I tried adding a second cam (FTP) as well (first cam is my current URL). No joy. After 24  hours I am still getting the same spinning hourglass as I see on your camera 2:
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

:oops: Who said Darwin didn't have a clue. Just noticed my login was using CAM1 rather than CAM2. Looks like it actually accepted my image. Now that that is working, I'm considering splitting my image into 3 pieces, left, center, and right. Then I can use CAM1 for Left, CAM2 for Center, and CAM3 for Right. That way you'd get a nice panorama ;)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 10:14:36 AM by rormeister »

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Today my Cam2 (URL) shows an image for the first time. The thing is that is is not my camera! I'm getting someone else's camera showing up on my Dashboard! It is just the one frame. It shows nothing in the daily movie view.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
Today my Cam2 (URL) shows an image for the first time. The thing is that is is not my camera! I'm getting someone else's camera showing up on my Dashboard! It is just the one frame. It shows nothing in the daily movie view.
Sounds like Brutus is sipping a bit of the burbon. <hic> :shock:

Offline awsum140

• Forecaster
I think hi foot is sore from kicking the FTP server.

Offline imaduffus

Thnaks alot for all the information. Finally my webcam send pictures again :)

anything