Author Topic: Battery level  (Read 590 times)

Offline rob.quick

Battery level
« on: October 30, 2021, 08:59:24 AM »
Hi,

Having a 'senior moment' how do I check the battery status/level of my Davis Vantage Pro 2 ISS unit in the garden ?

I have a wireless Vantage Pro 2 and consol with a wifi data logger, I view and download the data onto my Windows PC running WL software.

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 09:01:46 AM by rob.quick »

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
Re: Battery level
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2021, 10:26:24 AM »
Ha, senior moment. For me it's more like senoir days. With the Bulletin open click Window and go to Alarm and Battery status.
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline rob.quick

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2021, 11:28:50 AM »
Hi,
I could be wrong but I dont think 'bulletin' works when using a WIFI logger in the way I have it set up. Can I et the battery voltage from the Console itself ?
Thanks

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2021, 01:15:40 PM »
I presume, and that may be wrong, that you can still run Weatherlink on your PC using TCP/IP using the WiFiLogger IPnumber

It can be configured to work with any external software like Cumulus, WeatherLink or Weather Display that is compatible with a network logger like WeatherLinkIP™

For me, WeatherlinkPC shows the battery status for the Console i.e. 4.70 V, but for the ISS "Station Battery 1" it does not show a numeric value, just "Ok".  Not sure what it would say if battery is low.

Enjoy,
Paul
« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 01:17:37 PM by PaulMy »

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2021, 02:50:07 PM »
Just looked through the Console manual and I didn't see any reference to ISS battery. But as Paul said if you go into Weatherlink software  and and use TCP/IC it will show the ISS battery but it just says OK. Not the actual voltage like what it shows for the console. I also use the WIFI logger and it connects to Weatherlink software just fine.
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline oceanwolf

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2021, 01:07:28 AM »
I presume, and that may be wrong, that you can still run Weatherlink on your PC using TCP/IP using the WiFiLogger IPnumber

It can be configured to work with any external software like Cumulus, WeatherLink or Weather Display that is compatible with a network logger like WeatherLinkIP™

For me, WeatherlinkPC shows the battery status for the Console i.e. 4.70 V, but for the ISS "Station Battery 1" it does not show a numeric value, just "Ok".  Not sure what it would say if battery is low.

Enjoy,
Paul

My console was showing Low battery station 1 and the software said “Low”. I cleaned the battery contacts and it says “Ok”