Weather Station Hardware > Weather Web Cams

IP camera for interior use that can FTP images on a timed basis

(1/1)

justinhow:
Can anyone point me to an IP camera/webcam that can FTP images at 1080 to an FTP Server on a timed basis e.g. 1 image every 60 seconds etc. Even better if someone has made a list of webcams somwhere that can do this. It needs to be a standalone unit as it will not be attached to a PC etc.
It seems difficult to glean from manuals whether a model can do this - now we are in the age of the cloud etc. It is so I can post to my weather website.
Just for interior use (sited at a window) so does not need weather proofing and hoping to spend no more than $100/£80 max (actually based in UK).
FYI I currently use an Amcrest webcam but it is rather old and the image is not very good.

WpgWeather:
Hi, did you have any luck finding a suitable camera? I am looking for the same kind of camera and it is difficult to search for these parameters (on a site like Aliexpress for example). Thanks.

justinhow:
In the end I went down a different route.
For my general CCTV I am use BlueIris softyware and have connected 5 x TP-Link IP cameras into it (C210 mainly).
For my weather website I use an Amcrest IP2M-841 (still available) which does allow it to send pics at various intervals (I use 1 min) up to an FTP site. The flexibilty it gives is not available in many IP cameras although I think the BlueIris software would allow you to do this as well.
Hope that helps.

WpgWeather:
Thanks for the update.

WpgWeather:
I see that the Amcrest IP2M-841 is PTZ. Are you able to program the position to move throughout the day on a schedule by chance? Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version