Weather Station Hardware > Barani Design Weather Stations and Accessories

Barani Meteowind Pro - IoT

(1/6) > >>

mauro63:
As mentioned, I would like to present you my new buy, the Barani Meteowind IoT

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

This professional anemometer is a part of IoT Barani family and, at the same way of Meteohelix Pro, is available in Sigfox and Lorawan version, in my case, I preferred the Sigfox version, as for my Meteohelix Pro, due to a better signal coverage in my area.

The quality construction is absolutely at very high-level, all parts, except cups, are metal made, very rugged, perfect polished as you can see in this images

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

The solar-powered transmission box is separated from anemometer with 5 mt cable and need to be fixed in South direction or the better position  to receive sunlight

Mauro

mauro63:
After the first install, the first impact was very positive and I was surprised for the high sensitivity compared to my Vp2 anemometer, installed at the same height at 1mt of distance

With very low winds, very light breeze, the cup and the vane of the Davis anemometer is often stuck and the console not register data, on the same time the Meteowind cups and vane is moving gently but constantly

this probably due to the assembly quality and to the superior materials and can give the ability to a very lower starting threshold

this can easily viewed on this video

[youtube]https://youtu.be/6mcdoKm2rBM[/youtube]

A look at the web interface

Mauro

Jasper3012:
So how does this all work? The MeteoHelix + rain gauge is one unit that sends data to the website and the MeteoWind is a seperate unit that also sends data to the website?

galfert:
Please respond to how it all works as a new thread. I think many people are going to have questions as to how all this works and much more. I'd like to make it a sticky thread. Please see PM with a list of questions to get started. Then you can post a link to that thread here (before or after I make it sticky) for reference.

That anemometer looks top quality. It is beautiful.

mauro63:

--- Quote from: galfert on June 02, 2020, 03:21:18 PM ---Please respond to how it all works as a new thread. I think many people are going to have questions as to how all this works and much more. I'd like to make it a sticky thread. Please see PM with a list of questions to get started. Then you can post a link to that thread here (before or after I make it sticky) for reference.

That anemometer looks top quality. It is beautiful.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Galfert, but I can reply to Jasper, is not a problem, the question is intelligent and useful for others, if you want, obviously  ;)
Mauro

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version