Weather Software > Acurite Access Software

CWOP through Access

(1/7) > >>

ctccbc:
Any idea of whether or not Acurite will add CWOP as a sharing option through the Access? I would love it if they did add the CWOP option.  I upload to Weather Underground, but my initial thought is that they probably will not add CWOP, since I believe their focus would be in other areas and not adding new sharing options through Access. In fact, we are probably fortunate that Weather Underground is even included.

Thanks
Chris
moreheadcityweather.com 

nincehelser:
Their intention has always been to add other sharing services. 

You can see hints of that in the way it is structured.

DoctorKnow:
We're not going to be around forever, so I hope they can go faster than they have up until this point! :D

Jstx:

--- Quote from: ctccbc on June 03, 2019, 12:15:19 PM ---Any idea of whether or not Acurite will add CWOP as a sharing option through the Access? I would love it if they did add the CWOP option.  I upload to Weather Underground, but my initial thought is that they probably will not add CWOP, since I believe their focus would be in other areas and not adding new sharing options through Access. In fact, we are probably fortunate that Weather Underground is even included.

Thanks
Chris
moreheadcityweather.com

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: nincehelser on June 03, 2019, 12:46:02 PM ---Their intention has always been to add other sharing services. 

You can see hints of that in the way it is structured.

--- End quote ---

Back a few months ago I had an Acurite 'customer service chat session' and asked that question of the Acurite rep. The answer was basically a NO.
I'll grant that the rep's wording of "At this time..." allows a tiny bit of wiggle room for a possible upgrade to the Access to support uploading your PWS data to CWOP et al.. But I wouldn't hold my breath, the odds of them doing that is less than 2%, IMO; given their, and others, track records.

I'll quote part of my Acurite partial 'chat session' below, along with a link to my full previous WXForum comment about it that I made here [w/more detail]:

https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=36525.msg375412#msg375412

WXForum:  "Topic: Support for other than WU", Reply #15 on: April 04, 2019:

"...Support chat:
Me: "Is there any way to have this PWS communicate with other weather services besides WU and Acurite? WX services like CWOP?"
AcuRite: "At this time we only communicate with Weather Underground and Myacurite.com"
Me: "Does the Atlas model do so?"
AcuRite: "Regrettably, it does not all our online devices only work with Weather Underground and Myacurite.com"

There would be such a simple software fix to allow comms with other PWS upload websites (CWOP, PWS, etc), and AcuRite (and other PWS vendors) apparently have no intention of doing that very easy addition.
With most PWS's you have to buy tons of extra, expensive, devices and software just to accomplish such a simple task (looking at Davis here, especially). ..."

Sounds pretty definitive to me, it ain't happening:
["At this time we only communicate with Weather Underground and Myacurite.com"
Me: "Does the Atlas model do so?"
AcuRite: "Regrettably, it does not all our online devices only work with Weather Underground and Myacurite.com"]

DoctorKnow:
When Acurite was advertising the "Elite", and the new hardware was shown on paper with the specs, they said they were building the Elite to "NWS standards", where the wind speed updated every 2 seconds, and I wonder if they will allow sharing to CWOP with that system when and if they ever release it?

Since CWOP only updates every 5 minutes, I don't see where it matters a great deal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version