Weather Related Organizations > CWOP Forum

List of Places: Where registered CWOP weather stations or MADIS data shows up...

<< < (7/8) > >>

galfert:

--- Quote from: TrugWX on October 19, 2020, 08:51:54 AM ---
--- Quote from: galfert on October 19, 2020, 07:58:38 AM ---
I need to reword that. It should read that only North America stations get Gladstonefamily.net MADIS analysis.

--- End quote ---

I too am a bit confused by this or I am not understanding this thread. I regularly check the data from my PWS in Australia using the Gladstonefamily.net and get the MADIS double tick for all of my measured elements.

--- End quote ---

Fixed yet again....Gladstonefamily.net does not give you a red analysis line.  Which I wouldn't put any faith in anyway. So no big loss. It is just a combined analysis of your station compared to your neighbors. Good neighbors = good red analysis line, Bad neighbors = less useful analysis comparison. But you can then take it further to find out if the problem is you or your neighbors by looking at your closest neighbors. I think it only has value as a starting point, not as an end all be all determinant. I also reach out to my neighbors when I see that it is them that has the problem...then that fixed my analysis line. Therefore it has some use...as an indicator that someone is off...maybe you...maybe someone else.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

jimi:

--- Quote from: galfert on October 19, 2020, 10:11:45 AM ---
--- Quote from: TrugWX on October 19, 2020, 08:51:54 AM ---
--- Quote from: galfert on October 19, 2020, 07:58:38 AM ---
I need to reword that. It should read that only North America stations get Gladstonefamily.net MADIS analysis.

--- End quote ---

I too am a bit confused by this or I am not understanding this thread. I regularly check the data from my PWS in Australia using the Gladstonefamily.net and get the MADIS double tick for all of my measured elements.

--- End quote ---

Fixed yet again....Gladstonefamily.net does not give you a red analysis line.

--- End quote ---
@TrugWX
I get the same.
@galfert
thanks for clearing that up

FW8379:

--- Quote from: galfert on October 19, 2020, 07:57:19 AM ---
--- Quote from: FW8379 on October 18, 2020, 11:48:52 PM ---I can see my MADIS station data (F8379) on PWSweather, MesoWest, NWS, Windy, and others on the list, but not on the MADIS Map https://madis-data.ncep.noaa.gov/MadisSurface/ - even if I search (TOOLS>Station Search) for my station.

Any ideas?

--- End quote ---

Maybe you are too new. Give it time. You haven't even been around a month.

--- End quote ---

UPDATE:
I sent an email to madis-support@noaa.gov and the next morning got a reply from them:

"I got the info from MADIS as follows:  Please confirm it. And also please try to use the address to search in https://madis-data.ncep.noaa.gov/MadisSurface/ (MADIS Station ID doesn't work sometime, it is an known issue)"

I tried the suggested address search which didn't work either. I confirmed my station information and with no further explanation from them, my station was showing up the next day.  [tup]

dashforecast:
Hello from Wales,

[*** UPDATE - wxqa.com replied saying that the file is no longer public access, but available on request from cwop-support@noaa.gov *** ]

I was wondering if anyone can point me towards a list of active/reliable CWOP stations?

We used to download the file APRSWXNETStation.txt, however for some time now that link gives a forbidden page.

We're after a list that gives station ID and lat/long. Here's an example where we show live weather for the benefit of surfers https://www.surf-forecast.com/regions/South-Island-New-Zealand?symbols=livewind

Many thanks in advance.

Nick

miraculon:

--- Quote from: dashforecast on February 03, 2021, 05:03:31 AM ---Hello from Wales,

[*** UPDATE - wxqa.com replied saying that the file is no longer public access, but available on request from cwop-support@noaa.gov *** ]

I was wondering if anyone can point me towards a list of active/reliable CWOP stations?

We used to download the file APRSWXNETStation.txt, however for some time now that link gives a forbidden page.

We're after a list that gives station ID and lat/long. Here's an example where we show live weather for the benefit of surfers https://www.surf-forecast.com/regions/South-Island-New-Zealand?symbols=livewind

Many thanks in advance.

Nick

--- End quote ---

For my locality (Michigan, USA) this link works. The "MI" could be changed to a different state for the USA.

For Wales, I don't have any idea. If there is an equivalent abbreviation for Wales, you might be able to substitute it in the URL.

Greg H.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version