Author Topic: Fine Offset Clone Running Easyweather 1.5.3 - WS View Customized Connection  (Read 631 times)

Offline Webinaut

• Martin Slack
Hi,

I have a Fine Offset clone running Easyweather 1.5.3 which is giving me an erratic problem.

The connections to wunderground.com and ecowitt.net run perfectly 100% of the time (so far).

I have set up a custom webserver with a php app which produces a realtime.txt file in Cumulus format for use on this domain. It is accessed via port 80 and updates every 300 seconds. However, twice a day (generally in the morning and again in the afternoon) it stops working for about 3-4 hours and then starts working again. I have found that, if I intervene and press "set" (which brings up the unit's mac address) it starts again. If I don't, it starts again in due course.

I read in another thread that some Easyweather versions have a tendency to do this.

Any thoughts and/or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Webinaut

• Martin Slack
I think I have figured out the answer and found a solution.
I have Easyweather writing to the realtime.txt file and a Cron job reading from it to refresh website data. If the intervals between writes and the intervals between reads are different, at some point there seems to be a clash when Easyweather tries to write whilst the file has been opened (and is locked) for reading. Easyweather seems to stop writing for a while (hours).
Since I set the Cron job and the Easyweather intervals to 5 minutes each (and they are staggered), they don't conflict and the Custom webserver connection has been stable.

anything