Author Topic: WiFi logger 1  (Read 1953 times)

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
WiFi logger 1
« on: September 21, 2020, 07:41:28 AM »
I have a WiFi Logger 1 running 2.30 firmware in an Envoy with 1.9 firmware. I haven't used it much  until recently.  I haven't been able to find in the docs why on the Real Time Display the time and date are 0:00:00 am and 01.01.1970 . I have checked the NTP settings and date and time are correct. It also sends the correct date/time to all the weather software (it sends to VVPro which distributed to Cumulus, VWS, WD, WL and AddonWx). Is there something wrong with my logger ?

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: WiFi logger 1
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 09:21:24 AM »

I have checked the NTP settings and date and time are correct.

Does that correct date and time also show correct in Weather Station Setup?

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 11:07:16 AM »
I have a WiFi Logger 1 running 2.30 firmware in an Envoy with 1.9 firmware. I haven't used it much  until recently.  I haven't been able to find in the docs why on the Real Time Display the time and date are 0:00:00 am and 01.01.1970 . I have checked the NTP settings and date and time are correct. It also sends the correct date/time to all the weather software (it sends to VVPro which distributed to Cumulus, VWS, WD, WL and AddonWx). Is there something wrong with my logger ?

This time and data comes from console, not from NTP. NTP is used to sync Internet time with console, then console time is used to merge with weather samples.

Please reboot envoy.
Please try to connect to envoy with WeatherLink PC software.

Offline Garth Bock

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2020, 11:22:04 AM »

This time and data comes from console, not from NTP. NTP is used to sync Internet time with console, then console time is used to merge with weather samples.

Please reboot envoy.

Envoy has been fully rebooted and has been connected to Weatherlink. Still same thing. Date and time are correct in Envoy. Envoy was  originally connected via serial datalogger which is not in a spare console which is working fine. Is the incorrect date and time I mentioned at the top of the real time screen coming from the Envoy ?

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2020, 11:37:47 AM »

Please reboot envoy.

Envoy has been fully rebooted and has been connected to Weatherlink. Still same thing. Date and time are correct in Envoy. Envoy was  originally connected via serial datalogger which is not in a spare console which is working fine. Is the incorrect date and time I mentioned at the top of the real time screen coming from the Envoy ?

Please go to SETUP -> Network Info
There will be "Station Time:"
Please check if this one is 1970. If it is actual time, then please check Real Time Data page on different web browser.
Time is displayed using Java Script language. On each browser it can work little different.

If "Station Time:" time will be 1970 please report that here on WXForum.

Offline Garth Bock

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2020, 11:41:41 AM »
I go into the station settings page and it shows the correct date and time ( all other settings are correct..lat/long/alt...etc.). When I click on the set button under the time setting there is a 30 second hesitation then it goes to a web page that says "site can't be reached.... connection has been reset".

Offline Garth Bock

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2020, 11:45:10 AM »
I go into Network Info. Date and time is the current date and time. In any setting on the logger there is no 1970 date except at the top of the real time screen.

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2020, 11:54:00 AM »
I go into Network Info. Date and time is the current date and time. In any setting on the logger there is no 1970 date except at the top of the real time screen.

Please try on different computer, phone, web browser.
It looks like web browser issue.

Offline Garth Bock

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2020, 11:05:54 AM »
I have tried 2 different computers with the same results. I have tried Edge and Chrome with the same thing. Time and date on the real time screen is the same. The date and time is correct everywhere else. I tried running an update and got crc errors as pictured.  The pics are from the browser on my Raspberry Pi.

Offline Garth Bock

• Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2020, 11:06:57 AM »
Here is the error

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2020, 01:23:21 PM »
Here is the error

In my opinion your device has no LOOP2 command in firmware.
WiFiLogger need it for export.
Connection with WeatherLink Pc over TCP port 22222, should work normally.

Offline Garth Bock

• Forecaster
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2020, 01:46:59 PM »
Here is the error

The error screen was not for an export. It was running an update and I was getting CRC errors.  I was hoping an update would fix the date and time problem. I have tried running a full reset and still get the date/time problem as shown in the first picture. I tried running an update and all I get is the crc errors shown in the second picture. The logger is in an Envoy. I have tried it in a spare console and get the same results.

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2020, 02:00:40 PM »
Here is the error

The error screen was not for an export. It was running an update and I was getting CRC errors.  I was hoping an update would fix the date and time problem. I have tried running a full reset and still get the date/time problem as shown in the first picture. I tried running an update and all I get is the crc errors shown in the second picture. The logger is in an Envoy. I have tried it in a spare console and get the same results.

Yes Loop1 and Loop2 error. This mean it cant be read, but please chceck that HiLows is working ok, so transfer is ok.

Same error will hapen when console is in receive from state.
Maybe Envoy is not on?

Offline Garth Bock

• Forecaster
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2020, 02:26:10 PM »

Envoy is on and on a power brick.
Here is the error

Yes Loop1 and Loop2 error. This mean it cant be read, but please chceck that HiLows is working ok, so transfer is ok.

Same error will hapen when console is in receive from state.
Maybe Envoy is not on?

Offline Garth Bock

• Forecaster
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2020, 02:31:43 PM »
I just moved it to my 2nd console on power brick and get the same thing. Date and time still same as first picture posted (0 time and 1970 date) and I get crc errors on update. It is not broadcasting to any computer.

Offline Garth Bock

• Forecaster
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2020, 08:30:20 PM »
I did some checking and found console 2 reports firmware Rev 1.82 and console 1 (has the serial datalogger in it) reports firmware Rev April 10 2006. The Envoy reports a firmware date of 12/30/08. This might explain  why the weird date and time on the real time screen of the Wifi logger. 1. I thought the Envoy was running 1.9  but when I did the university's station I must not have done mine.

If I remember firmware 3 and above breaks VVPro so I am going not going to upgrade above 1.9 . I can't find 1.9 anywhere on the Davis site. Any suggestions ?

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2020, 09:24:21 PM »
I did some checking and found console 2 reports firmware Rev 1.82 and console 1 (has the serial datalogger in it) reports firmware Rev April 10 2006. The Envoy reports a firmware date of 12/30/08. This might explain  why the weird date and time on the real time screen of the Wifi logger. 1. I thought the Envoy was running 1.9  but when I did the university's station I must not have done mine.

If I remember firmware 3 and above breaks VVPro so I am going not going to upgrade above 1.9 . I can't find 1.9 anywhere on the Davis site. Any suggestions ?

Firmware 1.9 is on the Davis website under support, firmware. See below.

https://www.davisinstruments.com/resources/weather-monitoring/#support

« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 09:30:13 PM by WheatonRon »
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline Garth Bock

• Forecaster
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2020, 10:03:41 PM »

The link takes me to generic support. No firmware. Did you actually verify that the 1.9 firmware I need is at that link ? Already been on Davis site before looking for the older firmware.  So I searched again on firmware. All I found was that the firmware updater has been discontinued. I did find 3.8 firmware which I don't want. If you can find the location for older firmware on the Davis site please post the complete link rather than the generic support one.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 10:05:14 PM by Garth Bock »

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2020, 10:09:36 PM »

The link takes me to generic support. No firmware. Did you actually verify that the 1.9 firmware I need is at that link ? Already been on Davis site before looking for the older firmware.  So I searched again on firmware. All I found was that the firmware updater has been discontinued. I did find 3.8 firmware which I don't want. If you can find the location for older firmware on the Davis site please post the complete link rather than the generic support one.

I tried unsuccessfully to provide you a specific link. Not sure if that is a Davis website issue or a Safari browser issue. Either way, click on the above link, then firmware/software, pick your product and I found the download.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 10:34:05 PM by WheatonRon »
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline Garth Bock

• Forecaster
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2020, 10:55:07 PM »
Still not finding it. When you go there what filename is it? I have searched for 1.9 firmware and end up on the area for 3.8 and the discontinued updater.

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2020, 10:58:11 PM »
Still not finding it. When you go there what filename is it? I have searched for 1.9 firmware and end up on the area for 3.8 and the discontinued updater.

DirectFromPC_vp2_wireless_1_90 3

Offline Garth Bock

• Forecaster
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2020, 12:01:00 AM »
Got it ! I had to Google the filename which took me to Davis webpage. Odd I couldn't find it directly or on the Davis search page. Well anyway I downloaded it and applied it to both consoles and the Envoy. Everything is reporting v1.90. I appreciate your help ! Now I hope this fixes the WiFi Logger.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2020, 05:52:23 AM »
I suspect you'll need different firmware for the Envoy - not the F/W for the standard VP2 console.

It will probably take an email to Davis support to get the right link.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2020, 08:41:27 AM »
I suspect you'll need different firmware for the Envoy - not the F/W for the standard VP2 console.

It will probably take an email to Davis support to get the right link.

Assuming you have the wireless Envoy 2, the file name follows:

DirectFromPC_Envoy2_wireless_1_90 2

It too is on the Davis website. If you have the cable Envoy 2, it too is on Davis website.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 09:42:58 AM by WheatonRon »

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2020, 03:29:09 PM »
I can't find address, but one WXForum member show me his collection of Davis firmwares. There was planty of it. No all, but almost all revisions.
I will try to search more, but not today.

anything