Author Topic: would you consider helping this one time?  (Read 218 times)

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
would you consider helping this one time?
« on: July 01, 2010, 10:27:30 AM »
The high school that I teach at, North Des Moines is currently sandbagged because of the impending flood.  You have read about it in the media, maybe.  The Saylorville Dam is pretty full with the rains we had in the Des Moines River Basin this month. From my station, that is about 10 inches more than the average.  So, the question is will the levees which are ancient hold up during the flooding or collapse like they did in 1993 and 2008.   It is a question that we are not sure of .

While this is going on, North is asking Pepsi for a grant to improve the community around the school, rather than for the school itself.   They need a vote a day and the more votes they get, then the way it works, the projects with more votes gets the grant. 

Would you consider  going to the site, placing a vote for Des Moines North High School just one time, if not daily so we can get the project underway.

Des Moines North is the only school in Des Moines, built on a flood plain, isn't air conditioned for the 98 degree in the building days (we go the full day like the fancy schools , there are 4 of them), is over crowded (you should see my classroom, two squirrels in there would be complaining for the lack of space.  I will have 20 kids in an  9  x 12 room).

the site is: http://www.refresheverything.com/desmoinescommunitycenter

Offline Downlinerz2

• Forecaster
Re: would you consider helping this one time?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 06:26:25 PM »
   Sorry to hear about the problems there.  I will be checking out the site.  Good luck!!!