Author Topic: Chris AKA SLOweather update  (Read 643 times)

Offline SLOweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • Weatherelement Moline IL
Chris AKA SLOweather update
« on: July 19, 2020, 12:46:59 PM »
It's been a while since I've been around, so I thought I'd post an update.

In my last installment, I was losing the the SLOweather/WeatherElement server rack space. I struck a deal with another colo, and relocated the server at the end of May.

However, the hand of fate intervened, and that day, the weather computer at home died, and SLOweather is no more.The SLOweather page now redirects to the same data on a WeatherElement page.

Which brings me to the rest of the story... A few weeks before that, my wife and I decided to amicably divorce. Without going to a lot of detail. she is keeping the home and acreage. After a lot of soul searching, and real estate searching, I have decided to move back to Moline, IL, where I was born and raised. I made an offer on a lovely home on 2 acres near the Rock River, which was accepted.

In June, I hit the road for 3 weeks to travel back there, check out the house, meet the sellers who are also my new neighbors, and close escrow.

Right now, I'm back in SLO packing and getting ready to move. I should be home in Moline before Labor Day.

So, while SLOweather is no more, look for a Moline WeatherElement page in a few months. If I can get the Boltek/NexStorm system running again, I might even get a website for that up too...

A week ago last night, Moline got slammed with a massive thunderstorm. The airport, which is right across the river from my house, recorded 80 mph winds, and the Blitzortung sites were fascinating to watch. Most of Moline was with out power. My house was out for 12 hours, a friend was out for 24.

It's time to shop for a standby generator...

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: Chris AKA SLOweather update
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2020, 02:39:23 PM »
Wishing you all the best Chris.

Personal priorities first...  and hope you can also continue with your hobbies.  Many of us have benefitted from your many experiences that you shared with us.

Stay safe, take care,
Paul

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2020, 03:20:24 PM »
Good to see you back Chris. Hope everything works out for the best.
Also when ever you get settled I would like to see more of the drone video's you used to do. Those were cool.
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline Farmtalk

• Fitzweather
  • Forecaster
    • WV Waterfalls
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 01:06:27 AM »
Good to hear from you, Chris! Hoping you can continue with your hobbies - your website was one of the best on here. I checked in a good bit - love seeing conditions from other parts of the country.
Joe Fitzwater
Chief Meteorologist for WVNS-TV 59 in Beckley, WV

Work Page on Facebook -> www.facebook.com/meteojoe
Work Page on Twitter -> https://twitter.com/meteojoe
Waterfalls -> www.wvfalls.com

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 07:42:55 AM »
Hang in there Chris! Thanks for the update. Be safe.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline SoMDWx

• Forecaster
    • Southern Maryland Weather
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2020, 08:32:44 AM »
SO sorry to hear this Chris.. Pray for better days for you....

Thanks for all you have done here...

Jim