Author Topic: Google Analytics  (Read 1554 times)

Offline AjaxKnights29

• Senior Contributor
    • Ajax Weather
Google Analytics
« on: May 31, 2015, 05:46:44 PM »
I want to add the google analytics script to my site. I am using the Base-Canada template for Saratoga WX. Where do I insert the script?

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Re: Google Analytics
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 05:49:17 PM »
Anywhere you wish the script to track your visitors. I personally suggest you put it in the menu file for example so that it is loaded with each your page.

Just a note: its not neccessary to create separate threads for everything, just keep posting in the one where you already asked for help with your web, it makes things a bit more tidy

Offline AjaxKnights29

• Senior Contributor
    • Ajax Weather
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 05:50:08 PM »
Anywhere you wish the script to track your visitors. I personally suggest you put it in the menu file for example so that it is loaded with each your page.

Just a note: its not neccessary to create separate threads for everything, just keep posting in the one where you already asked for help with your web, it makes things a bit more tidy
Just wondering at which part in the file.

Offline AjaxKnights29

• Senior Contributor
    • Ajax Weather
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 05:55:36 PM »
Nevermind I figured it out :D 1 view so far. Dang I missed the rush of visitors

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 06:08:23 PM »
Yes :D I dont want to disappoint you, but dont get too excited, when I first time set GA up on my page, I got many visits, but later on when I looked at the stats closely I noticed most of them are from "suspicious" IPs in Russia or China :D

GA usually filters out most of the bots, but sometimes especially these unknown ones are counted.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 03:22:58 PM »
Some time ago Google released a new product, which further enhances the way you can visualize your Google Analytics data, create reports etc.

A few days ago, they changed the pricing plans and this feature is now also available for FREE!

I have a subscription to the feed so I received an email about it. Unfortunately, when trying to open the link I only received an error that "The product is not available in your country."

But it looks very good on the screenshots so if anyone is using GA, you can give it a try, I am sure that at least in the US and Canada it will definitely work:

https://analytics.googleblog.com/2016/05/announcing-data-studio-our-free-new.html

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 04:30:06 PM »
I can open the link and get to a page
  FEATURED
 Google Analytics 360 Suite - built for enterprise. Understand your customers by bringing all of your data together so everyone in your large organization can explore, gain intelligence and inform strategies to increase business performance. Learn more.
    Announcing Data Studio: our free, new, Data Visualization Product      May 25, 2016     Earlier this year, as part of the Google Analytics 360 Suite announcement, we unveiled a new data visualization and reporting platform for large enterprises — Data Studio 360.  Yesterday, at the Google Performance Summit, we announced a free version of Data Studio for individuals and smaller teams. Data Studio lets you connect to all your marketing data and turn that data into beautiful, informative reports that are easy to understand, share, and fully customizable.  We wanted to take a moment to give you some of the details about Data Studio.

but don't know what to do with it all #-o   Did I tell you I don't like Google ;)

Paul