Author Topic: Wrong Temps with New Alt Dashboard 6.9  (Read 1822 times)

Offline aggieman

• Sachse Weather
Wrong Temps with New Alt Dashboard 6.9
« on: April 19, 2015, 08:33:06 PM »
Hello All,

I switched over to the latest Dashboard V6.9 and cannot for the life of me figure out why my Yesterday and Record Temps are all off.  This is also affecting my historical dew point temperatures as well.  They are correct until the AJAX/java updates. I have attached a screenshot hoping that will help.

Thanks!

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
Re: Wrong Temps with New Alt Dashboard 6.9
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 11:55:41 PM »
Are you pointing at 'ajaxWDwx3.js' in your 'Settings-weather.php' like you should?  Your testtags.php contains appropriate values, and it looks like you're running afoul of the METRIC|IMPERIAL ajax routines.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 01:18:42 AM by gwwilk »
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline aggieman

• Sachse Weather
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 09:05:50 AM »
Are you pointing at 'ajaxWDwx3.js' in your 'Settings-weather.php' like you should?  Your testtags.php contains appropriate values, and it looks like you're running afoul of the METRIC|IMPERIAL ajax routines.
« Last Edit: Today at 01:18:42 AM by gwwilk »

gwwilk,

Everything in 'Setting-weather.php' is pointing at 'ajaxWDwx3js'.  Maybe is it something to do with the 'clientraw.txt" file?

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 10:04:58 AM »
Everything in 'Setting-weather.php' is pointing at 'ajaxWDwx3js'.  Maybe is it something to do with the 'clientraw.txt" file?
Your clientraw.txt file parses normally at Kevin Reed's TNET parser.  That leaves us with the ajaxWDwx3.js as the probable cause.  I've attached my modified and compressed ajaxWDwx3.js file along with the uncompressed source I use.  See if using this file makes a difference.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline aggieman

• Sachse Weather
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 06:17:00 PM »
gwwilk,

Unfortunately, it didn't change anything.  I believe you are right in that it is the ajaxWDwx3.js file that is the culprit.  I'll have to dig deeper into that file I guess.  Any other thoughts?

Thanks for your help.

Offline andro700

• Chuck
  • Forecaster
    • Gobles Weather Page
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 09:41:34 PM »
I had the same issue. My page encoding was windows txt. I changed it to Unicode(UTF-8) and that fixed the temp issue. At least for me it did. I use Dreamweaver so I just went under page properties and went to page encoding. Hope that helps. That is for your ajaxWDwx3.js file.

Chuck
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 09:51:50 PM by andro700 »

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 06:10:58 AM »
Aggieman, in Settings.php, you have this line:
Code: [Select]
$SITE['uomTemp'] = '°C';  // ='°C', ='°F'
Change it to:
$SITE['uomTemp'] = '°F';  // ='°C', ='°F'
and that should solve your problem.

When I modified this setting on my test site, I achieved your anomalous results.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 06:13:40 AM by gwwilk »
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline aggieman

• Sachse Weather
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2015, 11:57:16 AM »
gwwilk,

I looked at the 'Settings.php' file as you suggested and it was already set to '°F'.  I even switched it to '°C' and got the same readings after the AJAX updated.  It seems to be something with the AJAX because when the page initially loads, the temperatures display correctly, but once the AJAX updates, that is when I get the erroneous readings.  I'm at a loss.

aggieman

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2015, 12:32:24 PM »
Looking at your ajax-dashboard6.php, it seems as though the file is truncated at the last two lines.  This appears to be missing from the end of the file:
======================================
?>
Try adding the above code at the end of your ajax-dashboard6.php so it looks like this:
//=========================================================================
?>
Also, there are two anomalous lines at the start of your ajax-dashboard6.php, a carriage return plus another comment:

<!-- ...................... g:ia 1-->
Delete those two lines so your ajax-dashboard6.php begins as follows:
<?php
error_reporting
(E_ALL E_NOTICE E_WARNING);
// ajax-dashboard.php  - Ken True - webmaster@saratoga-weather.org
// ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//  Burnsville Weather LIVE Modifications to Ken True's original ajax-dashboard.php
Let's see what these changes bring.  Perhaps it will validate, because it surely doesn't now.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline aggieman

• Sachse Weather
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2015, 01:07:18 PM »
gwwilk,

Strange.  When I look at the 'ajax-dashboard6.php' that is on my web site hosting server, it shows the "changes" in the file that you suggest.  Even the "ajax-dashboard6.php' file on my hard drive shows the suggested "changes".  Could there be another file that is part of my website that is "inserting" these anomalies into my 'ajax-dashboard6.php' file?

aggieman

Offline andro700

• Chuck
  • Forecaster
    • Gobles Weather Page
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2015, 01:11:46 PM »
Did  you check what I explained above,

Offline aggieman

• Sachse Weather
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2015, 01:13:16 PM »
Yes.  When I look at my files, I do not see the anomalies that you saw in your screenshot.  Unless I am looking in the wrong place.

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2015, 01:39:29 PM »
gwwilk,

Strange.  When I look at the 'ajax-dashboard6.php' that is on my web site hosting server, it shows the "changes" in the file that you suggest.  Even the "ajax-dashboard6.php' file on my hard drive shows the suggested "changes".  Could there be another file that is part of my website that is "inserting" these anomalies into my 'ajax-dashboard6.php' file?

aggieman
If the source I'm seeing with 'http://www.sachseweather.com/ajax-dashboard6.php?sce=view' is not what's on your hard drive but what I've suggested, then I'm not sure what's happening here.

What are you using to edit your scripts?  I just checked my 'ajax-dashboard6.php' encoding with Notepad++, and it is 'UTF-8 without BOM'.

Chuck:  Both your and my dashboards return source that's similarly garbled with 'ajax-dashboard6.php?sce=view', so I think you're onto the problem.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 01:46:21 PM by gwwilk »
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

anything