Author Topic: MeteoBridge template error (SOLVED)  (Read 2020 times)

Offline AF6GL

• Jeffries Ranch Weather Center
MeteoBridge template error (SOLVED)
« on: August 23, 2013, 02:10:18 PM »
*** Problem Solved***
It was trying to load template #2 that was not used. Upon trying to delete it, it would not save a blank file name until I saved the blank space with an upload interval. I then saved it again as "no upload" interval.

After completing the latest update from Ken I get the following message when I attempt to reload the template from the MeteoBridge push services page. Help would be appreciated (the test upload works fine):

System Message

Error: Download of template failed (#2): wget: unable to resolve host address 'c'
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 02:18:20 PM by AF6GL »

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: MeteoBridge template error (SOLVED)
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 02:53:30 PM »
Is that for the MBrealtime.txt template?  If so, you have to edit MBrealtime-template.txt using Notepad on your local PC with the full URL to your website and then use the directions for step 5 at http://saratoga-weather.org/wxtemplates/setup-Meteobridge.php to have Meteobridge use the template successfully.

Best regards,
Ken
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline AF6GL

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 01:12:39 PM »
Ken thanks for your prompt reply. No it was not for MBrealtime.txt template. Not being a coder it took me a while but what I figured out was that I had placed another template in the template #2 location on MB. I had the interval set to "no upload' but it was checking that anyway. I had to delete the second template setting completely to get the error to stop.

Sorry for any confusion. Your stuff is solid and wonderful. The MB is solid as well. Auto rebooted after a power outage and was running again without a hitch.

Since your here.... I double checked the file with http://www.jeffriesranchweather.com/MBtags.php?sce=dump and noticed local and UTC times are the same. Is that normal?

Timothy

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 01:52:23 PM »
Thanks for the kind words about the templates :)   Glad you got the issue sorted out.

Use the Meteobridge web interface, System panel to change your timezone from the default of European .. it will likely result in a reboot, but then the UTC and 'local' times will be different.

Best regards,
Ken
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline AF6GL

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 02:13:24 AM »
Those changes were done and the MB software under the Systems tab reads correctly but the dump file reads both as the local time.

I haven't seen any problems with the website, I was just wondering if it causes issues depending who you are reporting your data to?

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 11:44:45 AM »
I'm suspecting that Meteobridge is not honoring the request for UTC time in the tags.

The docs at http://www.meteobridge.com/wiki/index.php/Templates show
When a capital "U" preceeds a date/time variable name, UTC is used instead of local time ("[Uhh]:[Umm]:[Uss] UTC" is evaluated to a string like "16:03:33 UTC")
and the gen-MBtags.php script does output
Code: [Select]
date|[YYYY]-[MM]-[DD]|// local date:|:
time|[hh]:[mm]:[ss]|// local time:|:
dateUTC|[UYYYY]-[UMM]-[UDD]|// UTC date:|:
timeUTC|[Uhh]:[Umm]:[Uss]|// UTCtime:|:
for the template, but the local and UTC times show the same.  Sounds like it's a Meteobridge issue to solve.  I've posted the issue on the Meteobridge forum.

Best regards,
Ken
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 11:53:50 AM by saratogaWX »

Offline AF6GL

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 02:35:45 AM »
Thanks Ken

anything