Author Topic: ATOM advisory produced data in incorrect time zone  (Read 1063 times)

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
  • In Loving Memory Of Hooker The Weather Dog !
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
ATOM advisory produced data in incorrect time zone
« on: January 03, 2010, 05:32:45 PM »
I am just full of questions lately :-P
Anyway a resurrection of this topic from earlier last year   http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=4073.15
Sam was having some troubles with his warnings and advisories showing an incorrect time and I am having much the same with the exception that mine displays CDT instead of EDT.

I was originally using the America/NewYork  time zone setting but have since tried the EST5EDT as recommended by Kevin and Sam's own fix of EST1EDT but still I am unable to get the needed results. Although it's not a biggie because at least now I GET the warnings and advisories in a much more timely manner than originally...I am just too picky for my own good...hearing that today delivered in a speech by the wife and my mother #-o

BTW I am editing the both the RSS top advisory and atom advisory php scripts.  I'm sure it will eventually come to me as the radar issue done yesterday but I decided to run it pass the consensus here for a more refined and definite answer :lol:

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217
KVAWHITE22 Wunderground   Davis VUE &  Davis Vantage Pro 2  /   Dedicated Server
GR Level 3 ,Level 2 AE Radars  Weather Display 10.37P  Mid Atlantic Weather Network Member
SkyWarn & Spotter Network 6092

anything