Author Topic: Meteo Station for my observatory  (Read 867 times)

Offline forna91

Meteo Station for my observatory
« on: January 02, 2023, 10:59:42 AM »
Hello everyone and happy new year!

I'm looking for a normal meteostation.

What I need is:

Temperature and Humidity
Wind speed and the direction
If is raining or not
Cloud presence*
Light Measure*
A way to read and store locally the data on a database via lan or wifi (I don't need the monitor).

I don't need a good accuracy

Cloud presence today:
I'm currently using a hand made device that use an infrared temperatur t check the sky temperature, much the sky temperature is equal to the ambient temperature means that clouds are present, if the sky temperature is lees of 20°C about the ambient temperature probably the sky is clear,

Light Measure:
According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bortle_scale I need to be able to have a good lux resolution, actually I'm using a TLS2591 that give me a 188uLux up to 88,000 Lux light measure, I have seen that some weather station have the light sensore, but I don't have any information about it's light sensore and sensitive

At the moment I have seen some ecowitt meteo station (I repeat If the temperature is more or less 1°C is not a problem) but I need to check and store the data from it via python or in any other way.

Actually I have a mysqm+ board that give me everything I need, but being an home made box sometimes I have problems with wather infiltration.

What I need is read the wheather data form a my application that will handle the telescope and the roof if the weather data are not good.

I don't care to push data to other service at the moment.

Max budget is 250€

Any advices??
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 11:16:13 AM by forna91 »