Author Topic: My Acurite Data Download Question  (Read 594 times)

Offline Rowswell

My Acurite Data Download Question
« on: December 31, 2022, 09:40:55 PM »
I have a question on the .csv data downloads from myAcurite from a wifi direct display unit.

I have been using the Acurite 5in1 system for many years for both home use as well as with school and 4-H groups I work with. The principal way the systems have been used is as a data logger - we download data from each system via the USB port on the Indoor units (model 010305) and then use MS Excel to analyse it. We now have 15+ years of data from our oldest station. This data is used in many ways: to teach statistical analysis and presentation techniques, to analyse weather patterns over time, to use weather data for projects as they relate to agricultural projects, etc.

Acurite was chosen "way back when" as it offered a lot of functionality at a very good price point - and still does. However, from day 1 an issue has been that data downloads via USB were often subject to download errors due to USB timing issues that typically resulted in all data for that download being lost. This year, we finally reached the point where too many downloads were failing so in early December I replaced the 010305 display on my home 5in1 system to a wifi direct unit to see if it could be a more reliable way forward (ordered as an 06100M, shown on the unit received as model 01544mcb).

The good news.
The unit was installed Dec 9th with no problem. Connecting to the IRIS 5in1 unit and recording/accessing data on myAcurite both were simple and reliable.

The bad news.
When data is downloaded from myAcurite, there are 2 major differences to the data we had been collecting via the older, USB connected, units. These have caused us to pause replacement of other units as data used in several projects is not included in the new csv files, so we are concerned that the wifi solution may not be the answer we were hoping for.

The major problems:
1. Precipitation data only downloads as an integer (ie 0mm, 1mm, 10mm etc, not the 2 decimal places (ie 0.25mm, 1.75mm, 10.50mm, etc) as is shown on the display or the myAcurite web page or as was downloaded on the USB connected units. This is puzzling as other elements in the downloaded file are accurate to 1 or 2 decimal points (including for some reason barometric pressure to 2 decimal places??)

nb, while for many this may not be much of an issue, it is for our use as several projects use trace amounts of <1mm precipitation in their analysis - such as the impact of fog on precipitation, etc.

2. There is no data in the download for interior temp and humidity.
This is an issue for our use as this data is used on projects, such as a 4-H project on egg incubation, where temp and humidity are critical elements of hatching success, etc

I have looked, without success, to see if there are parameters for data downloads that I can change, but have found none.

My question to the group is whether there are parameters that could be set that would download the data as desired or, if there are other ways to access the data that is collected by the display that we could use.

Many thanks for any ideas!

Ps - I have opened a ticket with Acurite asking the same questions, but not received an answer yet….
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 09:56:35 PM by Rowswell »