Author Topic: Texas Weather Instruments Weather Station Model WRL-25  (Read 957 times)

Offline jbesedic

Texas Weather Instruments Weather Station Model WRL-25
« on: November 08, 2022, 05:16:59 PM »
I have a spare console for a Texas Weather Instruments WRL-25. I do not have any other parts for this unit.

Selling for $200 with free shipping lower 48.

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
    • Weather at Eau Claire, WI
Re: Texas Weather Instruments Weather Station Model WRL-25
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2022, 08:21:46 PM »
These are such great units, but like Heathkit stuff, the sensors are either impossible to find, or incredibly hard to fix or built a replacement for.  Such  a shame since the green display, readable in a dark room, is way ahead of its time.

Temp/Humidity may be able to be constructed.  Kev had a thread going here some time ago and was about to try a circuit.  A couple similar boards were for sale last year on eBay from a group in Orlando.

The wind direction and speed continue to be a big hang up.  It saddens me to think that such great engineering is often considered to be trashed if something can't be found.

Just on the outside chance that the unit could work with an RM Young wind monitor, what is the four digit number that comes up for a few seconds, on the uppermost right side of the  numbers, when this is plugged in?
ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

anything