Author Topic: Automated Weather Source AirWatch Master Control Weather Station  (Read 1008 times)

Offline jbesedic

Automated Weather Source AirWatch Master Control Weather Station
« on: November 08, 2022, 05:13:09 PM »
not your typical cheap weather station you see online.  This unit I wanted to install at my QTH but I have no place for it now and really don't want to let it go.
Asking $1050.00 with free shipping lower 48

It is a wired weather station

The R. M. Young 04101 Wind Monitor Sensor, Wind Speed and Direction itself costs $858.00

The display is very nice and would look amazing in anyone's ham shack.

The entire package weighs in at 24 pounds.

Here is a youtube video I just shot showing the unit plugged in and up close.  Link down below.

https://youtu.be/kan66ZQGOUI.

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
    • Weather at Eau Claire, WI
Re: Automated Weather Source AirWatch Master Control Weather Station
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2022, 10:40:44 PM »
These were made, at least some of them, but the Texas Weather Instruments folks who, for the display and stuff, did the assembly.  I talked with the techs there a decade ago about one of these and I cannot recall what he said about the electronics in the box.

If I recall these were to be at schools and other places for starting a network, with accurate sensors as was pointed out.

And of course there is absolutely nothing like the green LED display for high visibility.

Question for jbesedic:  You show the unit functioning in your Youtube video.  Do you know if there is a data stream coming out of the COM  DB9 plug on the back which could interface with any software, or will this just function as a sensor gathering and display unit? 
ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline jbesedic

Re: Automated Weather Source AirWatch Master Control Weather Station
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2022, 09:17:02 PM »
I am not sure.   How that would interface but I bet someone with some programming knowledge in this forum could figure it out.