Author Topic: WifiLogger2 Incompatible With Linksys Routers?  (Read 1171 times)

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
  • Stillwater, home of Oklahoma State University
    • Welcome to Stillwater Weather
WifiLogger2 Incompatible With Linksys Routers?
« on: September 29, 2022, 04:30:09 AM »
My new WifiLogger2 won't stay connected to my new Linksys Wifi 6 router. Not only that, but the laptop's wifi also gets knocked off.  I theorize it's not compatible with the Linksys router, because I had a Netgear Wi-Fi wireless adapter that had similar trouble.  What routers work well with WifiLogger2?

Also the 2nd home page using modified AltDashboard 6.95 at http://stillwaterweather.com/2ndhome.php

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
Re: WifiLogger2 Incompatible With Linksys Routers?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2022, 08:34:33 AM »
I am running a WiFiLogger 1 so on the  the WiFi side they should be the same. I have had mine connected to a Netgear with no problems. Then to a crap Zyzel 1100 modem provided by CenturyLink. After that to a Zyzel 4000 modem from CenturyLink and now to a dLink router off of the Zyzel 4000 modem. The WiFiLogger always connected and was never a problem. My problems ranged from the remanned junk modems to CenturyLink changes to their system but it involved all my entire wireless devices. You say your laptop also gets knocked off ? Then it's not the WiFiLogger. You might have interference from another source or a setting in the router. As for compatibility issues I have never read one here.

Offline BigAlT

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2022, 11:23:49 AM »
I have read online that some devices may be incompatible with WiFi 6. If you disable WiFi 6 in the router control panel you can determine if this will solve the problem.
Davis Vantage Vue ISS & Console with WiFi Logger 2
2nd Davis Vantage Vue Console with WiFi Logger 2
Davis Vantage Pro2 Console with Meteobridge Nano SD
Davis Weather Envoy with USB Logger connected to RPi 3B+ running WEEWX
WeatherFlow Smart Weather Station

Offline BaseLine

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2022, 12:24:05 PM »
I have read online that some devices may be incompatible with WiFi 6. If you disable WiFi 6 in the router control panel you can determine if this will solve the problem.

What you call WiFi 6 is :

802.11a
    802.11ac (WiFi 5)
    802.11ax (WiFi 6)
    802.11b
    802.11g
    802.11n (WiFi 4)

The router you have, supports all those network standards. No idea what standards WifiLoger supports. You need to find that out. 
Sun cooked nothingburger of climate change hysteria with a side order of peak-oil nonsense fries.

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2022, 02:21:16 PM »
Something else must be going on. I have a Linksys WiFi 6 mesh router and my WiFiLogger 1 and WiFiLogger 2 both work perfectly well with this router. Try rebooting the router first and if that doesn’t fix the issue, reboot your logger (pressing the white button on the logger). If that doesn’t work, ensure you have the latest firmware on the router then reboot the router. If that doesn’t work, make sure you have the latest firmware in the logger (ver 2.41 for WiFiLogger 2 as of September 29, 2022). If none of these suggestions work, contact support@wifilogger.net.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 08:38:33 PM by WheatonRon »
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline BaseLine

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2022, 10:16:17 AM »
Something else must be going on. I have a Linksys WiFi 6 mesh router and my WiFiLogger 1 and WiFiLogger 2 both work perfectly well with this router. Try rebooting the router first and if that doesn’t fix the issue, reboot your logger (pressing the white button on the logger). If that doesn’t work, ensure you have the latest firmware on the router then reboot the router. If that doesn’t work, make sure you have the latest firmware in the logger (ver 2.41 for WiFiLogger 2 as of September 29, 2022). If none of these suggestions work, contact support@wifilogger.net.

Maybe use the easier route :)

reboot your logger (pressing the white button on the logger).
make sure you have the latest firmware in the logger

and then start screwing around with your router.

If this doesn't do the trick: Close all your windows, exit the room and come back after counting to 10. <--  :grin:

Sun cooked nothingburger of climate change hysteria with a side order of peak-oil nonsense fries.