Author Topic: Extract real-time data from WiFi logger 2  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Mohammad

Extract real-time data from WiFi logger 2
« on: April 26, 2022, 11:11:04 AM »
Hello,

I have Davis vantage pro 2 Plus from which I receive weather data and store it in a WiFi Logger 2. Then, I access the WiFi logger webpage from a raspberry-pi. When I tried to access the real-time data it seems the web page of the wifi logger is not working properly and does not update the information. My question is how I can receive/extract real-time data from the logger?
Note, I have tried the FTP on the logger webpage but it seems it is not working also.

Thank you in advance.

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
Re: Extract real-time data from WiFi logger 2
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2022, 02:13:55 PM »
If you have software that is accessing the logger you may see the Auto Pause message on the real time data page.

Wait for software to release connection and you will see an update.

Does this sound like what you are seeing?

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2022, 10:28:10 AM »
Hello,

I have Davis vantage pro 2 Plus from which I receive weather data and store it in a WiFi Logger 2. Then, I access the WiFi logger webpage from a raspberry-pi. When I tried to access the real-time data it seems the web page of the wifi logger is not working properly and does not update the information. My question is how I can receive/extract real-time data from the logger?
Note, I have tried the FTP on the logger webpage but it seems it is not working also.

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

If you like to read Real Time Data and HiLows you can open http://[WFL_IP]/wflexpj.json
Please note, that opening this link will show you old data from WiFilogger memory, but it will order to read new data from the console, so if you open this link again in 3 sec., then you will have fresh data.

Offline FLsunshine

• https://thecore.com
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2022, 02:24:32 PM »
Like Mohammad, I also have a household Raspberry Pi that I intend on using with the WiFiLogger2 which I have not ordered yet.  From the available PDF Manual I see that FTP with CSV is available.  Will I be able to make a FTP connection to the WiFiLogger2 IP address and initiate a FTP (GET Command) download that will contain the most recent data that has been streamed to the Console?  If yes what would the File Path be for this GET command?

anything