Author Topic: WeatherLink Live firmware update issues  (Read 1936 times)

Offline boss281

• Senior Contributor
WeatherLink Live firmware update issues
« on: April 21, 2020, 06:58:02 PM »
Has anyone tried updating their firmware and succeeded? It can't locate my device ID automatically and crashes when I type it in and try running the firmware update software.
Weather Underground PWS KMDNEWWI3

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: WeatherLink Live firmware update issues
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 03:26:22 AM »
Has anyone tried updating their firmware and succeeded? It can't locate my device ID automatically and crashes when I type it in and try running the firmware update software.

I'm not aware that there is any WLL firmware for user installation - AFAIK it's pushed automatically from weatherlink.com when necessary (which AIUI is not very often). In other words this is a Davis-controlled process and not something initiated by the user.

Maybe I'm out of date, but are you sure that you're not confusing this with console or logger firmware updates? Not surprising that these don't work if you were to try them.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline boss281

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 06:19:23 AM »
I may have confused things.

Yesterday, my android WLL app said I needed a "WeatherLink update". There was nothing in the Google Play Store, so I assumed it was the hardware. I am not getting the message this morning, oddky.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Weather Underground PWS KMDNEWWI3

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 02:46:21 PM »
Does anyone know what changes to weatherlink live firmware there is?

just got mine a few days ago, but still on the original May 28, 2019 that came with the WLL.  There is a however a June 26, 2020 version.

how long does it take to update from Davis?
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

anything