Author Topic: Something I never thought would happen-----Vandalism  (Read 4108 times)

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: Something I never thought would happen-----Vandalism
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2019, 10:07:17 PM »
Nice job on the fix. Good on that principal. Tell the principal to hold off and that the anemometer is bad.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline SoMDWx

• Forecaster
    • Southern Maryland Weather
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2019, 07:23:36 AM »
Great news dave and great job getting things back up! I hope that the principal holds to his statement and payment is received....

Saddened that you had to go through all of this for some stupid, mischievous pranksters....

Jim
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 05:07:08 PM by SoMDWx »

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2019, 07:35:35 AM »
Good for you for fixing that.

PS  That fly was living on borrowed time in Minnesota.

Found 3 flies and a spider.

I have the new anny set up.  It would be 20 for the replacement spinner cartridge. I can take that out of my science budget.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 08:26:03 AM by chief-david »

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline Intheswamp

• Early on one frosty morn'...
  • Forecaster
  • Sure...I know enough to be dangerous, now.
    • Beeweather
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2019, 09:15:59 AM »
And, if you had not been there to do this repair then they would (most likely) have chunked the station in the dumpster and the kids would not get to experience hands-on weather related education.   Congratulations on your dedication and your repair!!!!!!!!!!

Davis VP2, v3.12
Cumulus v1.9.4  Build 1079
Today's weather beats no weather at all!
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2020, 11:52:06 AM »
Since I saw the repair of the acurite-It thought I would update this.

This summer-they are repairing the roof at school. Started early because of covid.
I had to move my station to the other side of the building-got some help from my oldest. All good.

The contractor called and asked me what I wanted as far as a mount. Meaning they are making me a PERMANENT mount on the roof. No more tripod and sandbags!!!! He is making a 5-6' pole that is mounted to the roof and is level and straight! All I have to do is move the station back and mount it. Not sure if there will be any new outlets. If so-I had someone volunteer to buy me a rain gauge heater.

I figure the next time some a-hole kid gets on the roof and tries to knock it over-he will have a hell of a time getting down with a broken collar bone or shoulder.
I will take a pic when it is back to its normal place.

As far as jobs-right now it looks like I am back in the same position. But I would guess we wont be back in school in the fall. MPLS schools already are 99% sure they are online. Everyone is waiting for Gov. Moses Walz to come down from the mountain and tells us what he recommends. (he has done well with covid-just the way it feels in a sarcastic brain)

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline Intheswamp

• Early on one frosty morn'...
  • Forecaster
  • Sure...I know enough to be dangerous, now.
    • Beeweather
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2020, 05:46:03 PM »
Very cool!!!!!  Glad to hear that they're making your station a permanent fixture there.

Yeah, down here in Alabama the powers-that-be are still trying to figure out what to do regarding school this fall.  My daughter is a reading coach (damn good one, too! [tup]) and they've had her working in preparation to opening the schools back up with "some changes".<sigh>  It's yet to be seen but there's only a few (couple?) of weeks before she has to report for regular work there.  And,....she's got my three young granddaughters that follow her to school.  :shock:  Ol' granddaddy ain't got a good heart and this ain't helping any!!!!

Chief, you be careful up there in MN...virus or other issues, be careful!!!

Davis VP2, v3.12
Cumulus v1.9.4  Build 1079
Today's weather beats no weather at all!
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2020, 07:41:31 PM »
I know it's not PC, but I just as soon beat his ass. It may not accomplish anything....other than the satisfaction of beating his ass.

Can't argue with that!  =D&gt;
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2020, 03:04:43 PM »
I wish you well this year. wear your mask, your googles (easy when you are a science guy). You are in that age group. Be careful  I will be thinking about you( in a manly way.)
  My wife will be teaching online her English comp classes, doesn't go in, her building is by application only. that is she has to notify inwriting why she is going in and where, notify security of getting there. her key card is connected to the door system which logs her in and out where she goes, etc.   andwhen she leaves notify security.. They inturn send in the sanitizition team. Oh boy.

So she is home.  the only classes are the lab classes ( nursing, dental, etc.)  and the mechanical (wind energy, welding, auto mechanics, cullinary, etc), they have to go in as well as the drones (admissions, human resources, business office, custodial, building and grounds).    Her office hours are online and we allow them to call us. (a relief from the telemarket)  .  She is worried about next semester,  I tell her she can worry in December.    She is worried about getting the virus or bringing it home to me.  I am unfortnuately have become a basket case of this and that wrong with me.  she is worried I might die.  Heck I am worried aobut dying and that.

So be well, and if you see that kid who damaged your weather station, give him a nice pat on the back near the top of the staircase, just enough to show him that he isn't a slinky going down those steps .

Give a nice card of thanks to the contractor helping your station out.  :)

anything